cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing WBS and Activity using Milestione Functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Is it possible to close WBS and Activity using milestone function?....If so, could you please explain it?

Regards

Vetrivelan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are certain functions can be performed using milestones but not closing on WBS and Activity as far as my knowledge goes.

However you can develop custom programs using BAPIs for closing of WBS and Activities. You should consider business process what I mean from REL, FNBL, TECO to CLOSE. Preceding and successor system statuses and also User statuses.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks for your response. As per knowledge too, it will be an enhancement. But I would like to know whether it is possible via if i trigger the Milestone to trigger workflow based on the user status and the workflow which change the status of WBS and activity to close?

When i explore the standard workflow, i didnot find any. If i create a custom workflow, then whether the above solution is feasible or not?....Any comments on the above logic??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vetrivelan,

Auto close process can be achieved using BAPIs and not by activating the milestone functions.

For that you have develop program for closing Project definition, WBS and activities. Note that auto closing process run through REL, FNBL(if using), TECO and finally CLSD.

Check for the BAPIs and few examples are and discuss with your ABAP guy. You have to define the process of business which should reflect in your development specs what is the sequence of statuses being set and check if any for User Status also.

Use BAPI_BUS2001_SET_STATUS to set the Proj def. status to CLSD

Use BAPI_BUS2002_SET_STATUS to set the network system status to CLSD

Use BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS to set the CLOSED status on WBS elements.

Check for forum for other available BAPIs which are useful to your process.

Thanks,

Sudhakar