Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport BW 3.5 data flow into 7.3 lanscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have an old BW legacy system 3.5 but technically upgrade
to 7.0 – and for some good reasons we have implement a completely new BW 7.3 landscape
- and I have to bring some critical data
flows into the new landscape from the legacy landscape – I have create a
transport in the legacy BW system and I would like to bring into the new 7.3
landscape , both the systems are not connected and separate landscape–

• How to bring the legacy transport into new
    landscape
  • Can we able to bring on OS level with the CO
    files
  • If you able to move the transport into the new 7.3
    landscape will it be any version conflict errors?
  • What the best way to move the data flow from one
    system to another landscape ?

We are on Windows and SQL

Any help will be highly appreciates..

Anees Abbasi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response : But I think I have not explain my scenario correctly  .

I have separate BW 3.5 landscape - it was technically upgraded but all the development still in 3.5 version -

Now I have another new BW 7.3 landscape - no connection between these two landscapes 3.5 and 7.3

I need to transport objects from 3.5 landscape to new BW 7.3 landscape - I was able to bring my transport into the new landscape trough COfiles but my transport fail with the error stating there is version conflict between the target landscape .

Question is how to I import my BW 3.5 object into this new environment? Do I have to convert my 3.5 development into 7.0 first to bring into the new 7.3 or is there is any other way of importing these 3.5 objects into the new 7.3 landscape.

I hope I have explain clearly ...

Thanks

Anees  

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I have provided you two SAP notes and you should read that.

Transporting between different released can cause inconsistencies but there are certain combinations which are supported.

If I were you I would import those transports into a sandbox system and will test them before importing them to the other systems.

Regarding the component version mismatch message you can check the box "ignore invalid component version" in the Options tab.

Regards

RB