cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying table on selecting value from F4 help of input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

Can anyone let me know how to "Display table on selecting value from F4 help of input field" ?

The scenario is : I have one input field namely "User login id" on my screen which has been binded to attribute containing z-search help of z-table.So when user executes the application, In " User login id" field it is showing values in the from of F4 help ( as search help is attached to that attribute).

Now, as soon as user selects value from F4, i need to show table(having 4 columns which facilitates the user to select servers).Can any one help me how to achieve this functionality as input field has event : on enter. how to trigger event as soon as value is selected from F4 to show table.

Thanks

Katrice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

You can achieve this by either using OBJECT VALUE SELECTOR or FREELY PROGRAMED SEARCH HELP. But we have to slightly alter the code to show popup after the data has been selected in the F4

• Implement the all the steps shown in the OBJECT VALUE SELECTOR.
  • Design the table which will have the 4 columns in a new view.
  • Create a new window and add the newly created view into this new window.
  • Now go to the event handler OVS method which we implemented in Step 1
  • Search for the following line in the method "when if_wd_ovs=>co_phase_3."
  • If we observe we are passing the selected values in F4 popup into the screen element below the above statement
  • Now after the value has been passed into the screen element fill the Z node which is binded to the TABLE with the data which we would like to display in the Table.
  • Using WIZARD select the Generate POPUP radio button and press F4 in window name and call the newly created window in step 3.

Points please if helpful

Regards

Subhash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

As suggested by subhash you need to use Freely Programmed Help- Web

Dynpro.

Please find the SDN document link below.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80ae749c-87c9-2d10-87bd-821b5e92e...

Thanks

Vijay