Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM 5.0 to SCM 7.0 upgrade key changes in functionality

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I been browsing about scm 7.0 upgrade from scm 5.0 and read most of the discussion done earlier like lesson learned

note : ECC.6 already exist no upgrade

BI upgrade

Live cache,optimizer upgrade 

I have some fair idea what are the impact and key cautions to take care

However  i have few questions

1) we have  ECC 6 , SCM 5  BI systems , Dev, Qas, Prod

now we have live cache , optimizer server is also available

2) Now during upgrade basis team will do the technical upgrade to ECC, SCM,BI will happen and upgrade live cache and optimizer server in DEV correct me if i am wrong

3) once upgrade in DEV there will be  client copy as QAS is it correct  instead of just upgrade QAS like DEV ,  and Testing will be carried out - correct me if i am wrong

4) how the upgrade in production system  happen ? technical upgrade or copy of DEV system to product system

5) Regarding livecache and optimizer how the upgrade happen ? does live cahe and optimizer share across dev, qas, prd system or dedicated to individual

6) what are the new functionality in scm7.0 than scm 5.0

in Demand planning

SNP

PPDS

GATP

if you need any clear questions from me please request from me , thanks in advance

Regards
Raj 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

The responses to your post depend entirely upon questions that will only be answered LOCALLY at your site, during fact finding within the project itself.

First, download and study the appropriate upgrade and upgrade master guide.  In these guide, SAP describes what your technical choices will be, with SAP's recommendations. For SCM 7.0, the various guides are found here

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000715850&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

Other versions (e.g. EHP*) are found in the same general SAP Service Marketplace area.  Make sure you consult with your Basis team before making any plans, since they will probably have input as to the best way to proceed FOR YOUR COMPANY.

For a high level descriptions of new Application functionality, please refer to the Solution Browser http://solutionbrowser.erp.sap.fmpmedia.com/

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)