cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster tables not getting copied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus:

We recently performed a TDMS project for transfer of data using expert PA/PD scanerio in HCM.But to our surprise cluster tables are not getting copied to the test server from the staging server.In our customizing phase these cluster tables(PCLx) have been explicitly included in spro for sender systems.still we are not getting the payroll/time cluster tables copied.

Could  you please throw some light on what could be the problem or do i need to give more details.

Thanks

Sabya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabya,

There might be two reasons for it:

1. You have not selected the Transfer Cluster data checkbox in the selection screen.

2. Your user ID does not have authorization to select HCM cluster data. TDMS for HCM checks the standard HCM authorizations before selecting data from the cluster tables. If your user does not have this authorization, you will not be able to select data from the cluster. Check for authorization object: P_PCLX.

Regards,

Rishav Surana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishav for the suggestion.The check box was checked  for transferring cluster data .We have initiated a request for assigning the role containing the auth object to the CPIC user in the PROD system.

But i was wondering why this auth object has not been included in the roles assigned to the CPIC user in the security guide for TDMS config.

Is this auth object P_PCLX a must for scenario when HCM cluster data is to be transferred.

Please throw some light on this.

Thanks Sabya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabya,

Cluster data contains organization sensetive data. It contains payroll information. If the authorizations are provided to a CPIC user, any person having access to the TDMS control system could be able to see and transfer Payroll data which should not happen. This authorization should not be provided even to a basis person and the data transfer should be performed by a HR user only.

This is why TDMS does not provide HCM authorization with the roles to be assigned to the CPIC. The HCM person with required authorization to select HCM cluster data should only be able to select and transfer cluster data.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Rishav Surana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Thanks a ton for your valuable inputs.We executed the project with a HR user having object P_PCLX..

But still the payroll data is not getting transferred to Quality system.Is there any other work around to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Sabya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabya,

I would request you to raise a message with SAP then as they would need to look into your system.

Cheers!

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabya,

Do you happen to get the issue resolved with TDMS not copying Payroll cluster data.

I am facing the same issue and i already selected the Transfer cluster data checkbox.

Help from anyone is appreciated.

Thanks

Aditya

former_member229755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also try this option. Check if the HR user is able to view the table data in SE16. If they are unable to view the data and you can check the logs in SU53. If they are able to view the data then it is an issue which SAP needs to look into.

Regards,

Prasath

Answers (0)