cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we prevent customer orders from using the stock GRed(MIGO-101) in IM but not binned in WM yet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

WM Gurus,

How can we prevent customer orders from using the stock  GRed(MIGO-101) in IM but not binned in WM yet?

BR

Moni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

The response from Milind above best summarises the options you have. I have myself used option 2. note that if you use the inbound delivery option, goods receipt does not happen until you have confirmed the TO for all the items in the delivery.But we decided to live with it.

With option 4 m you need to exclude the temporary sloc when you receive the goods first from ATP check.If there is  any existing ATP solution  and if it conflicts with having this solution of excluding the new sloc from ATP then this needs to be taken into consideration before going ahead.

Thanks,

regards,

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

You can solve the problem which u said you are living with.

Delayed delivery update option 3 can be used for item level update. Running LX47 in the backgound.

n also set copy wm quantity method 2. Hope it solves the issue.

Thanks

Santosh KC

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I had thought about this option of setting up a batch job for delayed delivery update. But if we look at Delayed delivery update functionality - it is actually going to enable the PGR after the final line item of the TO is confirmed i.e it delays the transfer of data till all the line items are confirmed. We end up in the same situation.

Let me know if you have any different findings.

thanks,

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

The functionality of Storage Location Control in WM should be able to address your requirement.

Please refer to

• Scenario 3: Several storage locations for each plant in a warehouse number, where the stock is managed at interim storage level in other storage locations as warehouse stock.

which can be found in the IMG guide (LE -> WM -> Interface -> Define storage location control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wang,

What sort control are you hinting at interim storage level in other storage locations LE -> WM -> Interface -> Define storage location control?

What did you mean, can you please elaborate ?

BR

Moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tcode SPRO, find LE -> WM -> Interface -> Define storage location control, read its help text and pay attention to "Scenario 3".

The idea is to post GR to a storage location (e.g. XXXX) which is different from the picking storage location (e.g. YYYY) assigned in delivery - this means the stock will not be availabe for picking immediately after GR. Once the putaway TO is created and confirmed, the stock will be moved automatically from XXXX to YYYY and becomes available for picking. Please read the help text for full detail.

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe storage location control concept is suitable for warehouse having two or more than two storage location that are warehouse managed. It means one warehouse is assigned to two or more sloc. Although it is possible, SAP suggest that "as far as possible use only one warehouse managed sloc.

I would suggest below  options.

(1) Put the stock in block stock while GR101. After confirmation of TO in to the final bin, unblock it using LQ02. You can use back ground job of LQ02 program to unblock the material with specific interval.After LQ02, at IM and WM level stock would be converted to unrestricted at the same time. This way, customer can book the order at the time of bin stock availability. Prerequisite is, your storage type should allow mix storage. This way, when sales order is placed, stock would be available only after putting away in to the bin.   

(2) You can use inbound delivery concept. i.e. use sequence as PO------> IBD-------->TO------>TO confirm -------> GR. This way stock would be available only after GR 101 where it has been already putted-away. You can set automatic GR after TO confirmation. (OLML----->WM------->Interface------->shipping tab)

(3A) Receive the goods in to non- WM managed (IM managed) sloc (which should not be the sloc of sales order) using 101. When the inbound process starts, transfer it using IM 311 (MB1B) to WM managed sloc with auto TR---->TO creation. and then confirm the TO.  In this case you need to speed up the inbound process of TO confirmation, as stock would be available to customer after transferring to IM-->WM movement.

(3B --optional)  If you already know the materials that are going to be urgent  then use cross docking with active bypass functionality where by you use LT51 and enter the materials. For 311 WM movement use consider pre-allocated stock check. Cross dock storage area is open area with only one bin. 

(4) As suggested by our expert, if you have more than two sloc assigned to WH, you can use sloc control process. Concept is same as point no 3. But only difference is, system does not create posting change during sloc to sloc transfer and sloc field in TR is blank. When you confirm the TO system uses sloc as per the customization.

Regard and best of Luck!

Milind Chaudhari

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a customer order does not look into WM, it is solely using information at IM level.

Instead of looking for restrictions, you should look into opportunities like cross docking, so you can fulfill the new order without needing to putaway the materials first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Thanks for the power pointers but cross-docking doesn't suit our product lines as it's binned.

How about LS22 / LS07 setting Quant ( associated with the auto TO not confirmed yet ) level putaway & picking block indicators ?

BR

Moni