cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS MSS (WebDynpro ABAP) on SAP NetWeaver Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to install standard ESS MSS (WebDynpro ABAP) on SAP NetWeaver Portal.

Our existing system:

Backend system          :           EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0

SAP Portal                    :           SAP NetWeaver 7.3 EP 1

SAP_HR           604       0059            SAPKE60459                    Human Resources

EA-HR              606       0021          SAPK-60621INEAHR       SAP Enterprise Extension HR

As per my investigation, I have to perform the below

1)I1) Install the following in backend ECC system

EA-HR_MSS 1.0

ERECRUIT 605 or latest version

WEBCUIF 701

EMBORGCH605

Activate Busi Functions (I can do this, already activated some, missing may be with MSS)

2) 2) Install/Import Business Packages in Portal.

BP for ESS (latest version compatible to our backend system)

BP ERP common parts

BP MSS add-on 1.0

Kindly provide your support on below

1) 1)  Do I miss any more components in Backend??? Why do NOT MSS come by default with SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 6 as we get ESS or Do we need to have this MSS add-on on top of our existing??

2) 2) Please help in identifying the latest Components to install in ECC system??

3) 3) Please help in identifying the latest Business packages to install/import in Portal with the system we have?? And How??

Information:

We had already configured SLD in Portal, created backend ECC technical system, establish connectivity between Portal & ECC (SSO & system object) I can run the transaction iView from Portal.

Regards

NS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

Refer the below link for packages:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/Downloading+and+deploy+ESS+and+MSS

Although the link is bit old but you can find the path on smp where you can find latest packages.

On portal, delpoy the required BPs through JSPM.

Thereafter you have to create following system aliases on EP 7.3

SAP_ECC, SAP_ECC_Common, SAP_ECC_Financials, SAP_ECC_HumanResources, SAP_EREC_TalentManagement, SAP_ITS_XSS, SAP_R3, SAP_SEM, SAP_WebDynpro_XSS, SAP_cProjects

Then assign required roles both in portal and at backend to the users.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prem for response,

1) Can you please provide me the path, from where I have to download the required BUsiness packages. I could NOT find out the path.

2) List of ESS MSS (WebDynpro ABAP) Business Packages required to install/import into Portal?? Sequence to follow while importing??

3) Do I need to create the system alies before deploying the Business packages or after deployment???

Backend system          :          EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0

SAP Portal                    :          SAP NetWeaver 7.3 EP 1

SAP_HR            604      0059            SAPKE60459                    Human Resources

EA-HR                606      0021          SAPK-60621INEAHR      SAP Enterprise Extension HR

EA-HR_MSS      1.0        0006      SAPK-10006INEAHRMSS        EA-HR_ Manager SS 1.0

If you could share me any document/link with the detail step by step process then it would be helpful to me.

Info: ECC system object & SSO is configured.

Regards,

Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

Refer below thread for latest BPs for EP Netweaver 7.31:

http://scn.sap.com/message/13901973

(Also to find latest BPs just search in SMP under find software with just the package name)

To brief out, following are the steps for implementing ESS/MSS:

1. Deploy the BPs on portal (Deploy PCUI_GP first and for rest sequence doesn't matter)

2. If SSO is already configured, then create system aliases.

3. Assign required roles in the portal and at the backend to the users.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prem.