cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Sybase IQ 15.2 and 16 on the same host

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the document “Installation and Configuration Guide - SAP Sybase IQ 16.0” on the section “Planning your installation”, subsection “Upgrading from an Earlier Version” (page. 3) say:

Choose an appropriate installation directory. You cannot install SAP Sybase IQ in the same parent directory as an earlier version. Uninstall the version currently installed on your system, or install in a different parent directory.”

When I try to install on a different directory (with a different user), the installation program require stopping all the instances running on the machine.

I have 3 SAP Sybase IQ 15.2 ESD#2 engines (and it corresponding databases) running on the same machine, I would like to only migrate one of the engines to SAP Sybase IQ 16.

Can I install and run the 2 version of the product on the same machine (Solaris 10) (temporary will migrating)?

Can I have 2 engines running on SAP Sybase IQ 15.2 ESD#2 and 1 on SAP Sybase IQ 16.0 ESD#1?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Uvernes,

You can do this in a couple of different ways.  First, you could simply create different users for each installation.  Second, and most used, is to have all the installs under the same account.  In this method, you would not want your login to pick up a SYBASE and IQDIR15/IQDIR16 enviroment variable set at logon.  After logon, the user would then source the appropriate IQ installation environment file.

During the install, yes it does ask if you want to shut down the servers.  You don't have to.  You would only need to make sure that the IQ instance that is running and using your same environment variables is stopped so that you don't overwrite files that are in use.  This can cause some very odd behavior depending on how the OS handles in use libraries being overwritten.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mark.

Answers (0)