cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do we need to allow negative stock in interim storage types?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Can anyone enlist the reasons why do we need to allow negative stock in all interim storage types?

Business Context:--

I've indicator "Allow Neg Stock" CHECKED for all the Interim storage types....I am planning to UNCHECK the same for only 916 to check-mate a very annoying & pressing unique case of unusually high volumes of WM negative stocks due to user bad practices like "Never bin the stock & rather always resorting to LS24 interim 920 stock lines for all 916 OBD related TOs directly " and at times messing up to unimaginable complexity level & over-utilizing the interim 920 stock LS24 lines for all 916 OBD related TOs more often than not.( tried hard to educate users without luck )...

I didn't have a chance to UNCHECK indicator "Allow Neg Stock" for 916 & test drive.. Do you foresee any problems brewing with that ?

BR

Moni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"... tried hard to educate users without luck.."

are you really in the position to punish the users with a restriction? I am used to work together to find a common sense and approach. in extreme situations I would lose anyway, then they will tell me that I am only the service provider and they are my customers.

I personally could imagine to not allow negative stock in the receiving and issuing interim storage types like 901 902 and 916.

But I can as well imagine that I would get unnecessary movements (TOs) in case a receipt has to be cancelled while the goods are already in the final bin. And usually any movement in the system that does not match with a physical movement, creates somehow confusion, especially as the printout is coming automatically

I am even certain that we do not allow negative stocks for 916, does not give any benefit and not make sense in our environment.

It is probably impossible to disallow negative stock for the interim storage types for transfer postings and physical inventory. You have to investigate this for your environment in more depth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jürgen L,

Big thank you for the power pointers you shared with me!!!

BR

Moni