cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of multiple PDS explosion in SNP

0 Kudos

Dear all

I have a question regarding PDS explosion in SNP.

Example

Level 0 of a multiple SNP PDS

Product A finished product has PDS 1 and PDS 2

Level 1 Component B has PDS 1 and PDS 2

Level 2 Raw material C has PDS 1 and PDS 2

All the SNP PDS have the same validity dates, lot size selection etc.

Question: is it possible in SNP to do an multiple explostion on selection of SNP PDS 1? And the second SNP run only an explostion on SNP PDS 2 for the finished product, component and raw material?

Or should it be possible in PP/DS?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

I think that the scope of your requirement is to compare the two results based on the production structure.

You can create two copy of the active model 000 and then delete from them one or another PDS (PDS1 or PDS2). So, in this way you have separated the two PDS and you can compare them. At the end, the best result you can copy in the active model. 

Another solution is to use priority directly in the active model. In this case you have to setup the priority from ECC system manually, one time priority 0 for PDS1 and priority 1 for PDS2, and then priority 0 for PDS2 and priority 1 for PDS1. The priorities are transferred by CIF to APO system. To be able to compare the results,each time you have to extract the SNP results in the Excel file.

Thaks, Marius  

0 Kudos

Hi all

thank you very much for your reply.

I am looking for the following solution: I do the SNP run, I push the button and I want to use SNP PDS 1 through the whole supply network.

Next time a new SNP run but I could choose to run again SNP PDS 1 or use SNP PDS 2. Is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter.

It is possible. You have to use priority. So, for the first SNP run you choose high level priority for PDS 1 and for the second SNP run you can use the same logic for PDS1 or PDS2. You have to play with priorities in function of which PDS you want to use. Of course when you change the priority you have to update your PDS in the APO system and then run SNP Heuristic with the new PDS setup.

Thanks, Marius

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you can use quota arrangement - creat an inbound quota arrangement with the two PDSes. For the one you want to use, assign 100% quota, and the one you don't want to use, assign 0 quota. Quota arrangement is the top consideration during source determination. So you can change quota arrangement to control which PDS heuristic should use. If you want the heuristic to pop up the SOS selection screen as you create order manually in planning book, I think it could not be achieved with SAP standard delivered functionality.