cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management Vs. Letter of credit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

If I am doing activation for credit management for payer xyz  and created sales order for this customer xyz with assigning financial document as matter of letter of credit. the question now. Is the system will check on both credit management and the FD? or only the FD value?

example:

on FD33: Receivables: USD 100,000 with credit limit USD 1 so limit used: 999%

on ENLO: Financial Document with: USD 1,000,000

Sales order created and assigned previous Financial Document.

On creating delivery, System triggers message static credit limit exceeded with USD 100,000 which means system still based on its checks on credit management even though sales order created with FD. Is this standard behavior? as I thought system should ignore credit management and will be only checks on Financial document. please advice.

Regards,

Amr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amr,

Credit management is activated for the customer and an LC has been submitted against a Sale Document for which FD has been created via VX11N. This FD will then be linked to the Sales document (Header/Item level) and Credit Check will happen in case the Sale Document value will be exceeded by FD value which is standard behavior. Now for the soln. in OVA8 you need to assign a Routine 901 for Orders and 902 for Deliveries here take a help of OSS Note 303409 - Credit management and documentary payments. Test the same and i'm sure it will work fine against your desired query. Thanks and have a good day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammarah

Is it required some code one the routine 902 added after copying from 002 routine?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amr,

Yes, the OSS note which i've provided you in my previous interaction just check out its corrections and you will find the source code within it. Ask Basis guy to provide you with complete note along with its correction or if you're having SAP Support portal login then you can check the same at your end. Lemme know if you need more help in this. Thanks and have a good day.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am also facing the same issue and want to deactivate the credit checks in the order, which has 100% payment guarantee by the LOC/BG. We are looking for implementing the solution as given in SAP notes 303409 for the same.

Can anybody please share the step by step process for the same. Also please refer SAP notes 777950, which one is better?

Once activated, how will be assign the setting for risk category in OVA8?

Please help. Thanks 

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amr

Yes this is standard behavior. I am surprised why system is not giving this message on sale order level. I think as per standard system should give you this message at both level, sale order and delivery if you have activated credit on both documents. FD will post this value to secure receivable only. If your credit limit used is already 999% and you have activated credit check, system should give you error on sale order level too. Did you get the error only on delivery??

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, it an standard behaviour. Kinldy ask your ABAPER to check the credit check routine and put some condition say( bypass the credit check  if finanacial docuemnt is found).

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Where can i assign this routine? OVA8?

Thank$

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amr,

You can ask to write the required logic in the user exit. Threes user exits are available for credit management & where you can mark those userexit check boxes OVA8 user 1 , user 2, user 3.

The user exits are,

LVKMPTZZ

1. LVKMPFZ1

2. LVKMPFZ2

3. LVKMPFZ3

Regards,

S.Himavanth.