SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correction in transaction O4G1 2-step transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Shipment load confirmation (O4g1) for STO, the system generates 311 and 641 Goods Issue movements. Later, when we try to reverse a loading
confirmation, the system send error message  M7021 deficit of SL unrestricted-use   ... The error is about  quantity in intransit storage location; although the  system creates document with  642 movement, it can't create movement 312 and sends the error Message related above.

If I try again transaction o4g1, the system creates 312 movement in a new document, finishing the reversal. So, at last, the shipment is correctly
recorded in status 2 but I don't understand  why I have to use transaction o4g1 two times.

Thanks for your help.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nubia Pena

During the O4G1, are you putting manual in-transit storage location?

0 Kudos

Hello Kumar Kumar, Thanks for your help.

The storage location in-transit is determined by customizing.

When I do load confirmation, I put manually the storage

location from where the product is issued.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nubia,

This is a typical issue with TD shipment processing with 2 step transfer. The processing flow is like this. the system while generating loading confirmation produces two material documents in background. one material document with mov. type 311. This document basically is created to show the stock is transfered from your actual storage location to an In-transit storage location INTR.

Once this transfer is completed immediately another material document is created with mov. type 641. This material document signifies that the stock has been issued from the In-transit storage location. So the stock in INTR becomes zero.

Now assume that you are reversing the shipment. when the system attempts to reverse the 311 mov. type material document, it does not find any stock in INTR. Due to this the system throws the error message. But it is able to generate a reversal of 641 mov. type material document. therefore when you attempt to do O4G1 again, the system is able to post a reversal of 311 mov. material document as stock will be available due to 642 mov. type material document.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Jammy Singh,

Thank you very much for your explanation, this is exactly what is happening. If anyone else has anymore comments about this issue I will appreciate your help .

Regards.

0 Kudos

Dear Nubia

Kindly check the storage location in Load / Bulk details during the reversal of O4G1 and creation of O4G1.

0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

I did a new example and I Checked carefully the storage location in my example, but the system reported the same error.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Dear Nubia

Also, is this a special stock case?

0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

No. It is not special stock case.

Thank you.