cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconcilation in Material Provided by Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Please help me with this, I am getting an error.

Vendor A provides Material directly to subcontract Vendor 1. Subcontract Vendor 1 assembles and send material to Subcontract vendor 2.

PO created for Vendor A and SC Vendor 1 maintaining Vendor details. MIGO done for Vendor A. J1IF01 done. Now, while doing J1IFQ, system is showing error that "Challan Not Valid."

Is the steps correct. Am I missing something? Did I missed something in Customizing?

Regards,

Lakhya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls ensure that the below notes are applied in your system:

Regards,

Rajasree R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajasree. Good to see you.

Could you please provide me the movement type groups for 0001 & 0002. Also, we have scrap which is collected after two months from SC Vendor.

A very happy weekend ahead!

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls REFER to the OSS note 1808300 for assignment of MvT to MvT grps..

Wish you too a great weekend ahead..!!

Regards,

Rajasree R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1808300

1. 101 movement should never be assigned to either 0001 or 0002 movement type groups

I have assigned 101 + O as materials are received directly by SC Vendor from another Vendor. Is this correct?

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is absolutely correct when you have a scenario 101 O (that is goods directly delivered to Subcontractor).

Ensure you have the said note implemented in the system.

Also ensure you have the Purchase order EBELN field as a optional entry in OMJJ for your Subcontracting Transfer posting movement type 541 or a copy of it if using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have applied the notes

Is there anything else I need check. I too have a Scrap process where scrap are returned in bulk every two months. Is there any further note for it or we can do it through MB04.

Regards,

Lakhya

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Once you apply the notes, the error should be fixed and you can proceed as normal.

Handling of scrap is now made through user exit given in the note -

1084323 USER-EXIT to update challan status if scrap is calculated
1103537 Correction to note 1084323 for ECC 600 Release

Please give your own logic in the exit for correct treatment of scrap as
per your business need.

Regards,

Rajasree R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, this is already done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear lakhya,

Before reconciling challan

1. Ensure you have referred the challan at the time of posting the goods receipt

2. Also ensure that you check the item ok for material issued to jobwork by expanding the +sign shown against the FG product

3. Some times there is problem with Batch field updation. So after batch is assigned for the material being received. Go to batch field and press enter once.

4. At the time of reconciliation check for material document and year are correct and also the challan and its excise year are entered correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Challan getting created now and reconciliation done for. Can anyone please help me on this. I am new to this one and cannot find a way out rather confused.

When SC1 assembles and send it to SC2 for further process. On what reference I create the Challan?

satishbabu_bodepudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Your above reply You are absolutely doing correct steps,

It is done as follow:

PO created for JBW (e.g raw material supplier)

Subcontract PO created for SC1 (Subcontracting Vendor)

JBW sends material to SC1. Upon receipt of material at SC1 GR done. Mat Doc - 001

Challan created wrt to 001. Challan No - 901

SC1 assembles and needs to send to SC2. When SC2 confirms material receipt GR done. Mat Doc 002. Challan 901 reconciled and another challan created 902 (For goods sent to SC2)

SC2 Assembles and send it to Plant finally .... (at last)

You Have to use Mat doc 002 to create challan 902.

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Goods receipt from Vendor 1 is a goods issue to Vendor 2 simultaneously.

While doing goods receipt for Vendor 1, I have to reconcile challan created for material provided to Vendor 1. Now, the same goods receipt is material issued to Vendor 2. Will system allow me to create another Challan with the same Goods Receipt document?

At, present it is not allowing. So I thought the process might be something wrong.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we need to do a GR to Plant instead directly send to SC Vendor 2 in second step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your post it appears that you have done Gr for vendor A and created challan against vendor 1 but before reconciling the challan have you posted GR for subcontrancting po created for vendor 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

It is done as follow:

PO created for JBW (e.g raw material supplier)

Subcontract PO created for SC1 (Subcontracting Vendor)

JBW sends material to SC1. Upon receipt of material at SC1 GR done. Mat Doc - 001

Challan created wrt to 001. Challan No - 901

SC1 assembles and needs to send to SC2. When SC2 confirms material receipt GR done. Mat Doc 002. Challan 901 reconciled and another challan created 902 (For goods sent to SC2)

SC2 Assembles and send it to Plant finally .... (at last)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use Internationalization and Unicode for CIN related queries.

Regarding your query, Ensure you have assigned 101 O in the CIN settings under Movement type groups 0001 for Subcontracting.

Also ensure you have removed the 101 mvt from 0002 mvt type group from CIN subcontracting settings.

Create Challan with respect to 101 O Material document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vendor A provide material directly to SC Vendor 1. In PO to Vendor A SC Vendor 1 is maintained and GR done. For mvmt type 0001 & 0002 what are the correct movement type? Different threads have different type. SAP doc says to include 101.

Ashok, could you please move this to

Internationalization and Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

No MB1B is done...

satishbabu_bodepudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI lakhya,

What are the movement types you have assigned in Movement type groups in CIN Settings?

Here you have to assign that movement type ex. 101 'O' (movement type used in GR from vendor A)  to movement group 0001

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

0001 101 O

0001 102

0001 122

0001 541 O

0001 544 O

0002 542 O

0002 543 O

0002 544 O

0002 545 O

satishbabu_bodepudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi remove 0002 544 'O' remaining all are correct. Now are you able complete the challan process?