Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module parameter JMS - use comma in string literal

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I try to call method "setConnectionNameList" on a MQQueueConnectionFactory class in a receiver JMS Channel (generic Access to JMS provider)

The javadoc at ibm.com says that the method expects a comma separated string of hosts(ports) like so:

host1.domain.com(1427),host2.domain.com(1427)

If I set the parameter like this...

JMS.QueueConnectionFactoryImpl.method.setConnectionNameList java.lang.String host1.domain.com(1427),host2.domain.com(1427)

... xpi_inspector tells me that the second parameter has not type hence ignoring it.

• I am aware that the comma (,) is used as parameter delimiter and specifying java.langString host1.domain.com(1427), java.lang.String host2.domain.com(1427) would be syntactically ok for the parser on SAP side but would reside in two single string parameters. setConnectionNameList method however needs a single parameter string.
  • I am also aware that for some JMS providers escaping the comma like %2C would work because the jms provider methodes then unescape the string and hence would be using the proper formatted string internally. Unfortunatelly, Websphere MQ would not unescape this literal string

So my questions are:

1. is there a syntax for providing a literal string that contains comma without having SAP detecting two parameters then?
  2. Is there any other method (maybe setStringProperty) that I could use?

Any help would be really great

Thanks and kind regards

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I created an incident for this and it turned out that SAP created a new parameter to support this. Many thanks to the developers 🙂

Here's the note: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1944407

Specify the delimiter like so: JMS.Delimiter.Type = | (for using pipe "|" as delimiter)

HTH

Cheers

Jens

Answers (0)