cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

se61 transaction - create custom document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,

we plan to create our custom notifications by copying the standard ones from SAP in the se61 transaction - for example, for the FireFighter controller (he is notified when a FireFighter session is initiated).

We are stuck at the following point: we cannot save any custom created document because we don't know what the package attribute is. We have tried to do it like illustrated in the screenshot below, but we got an error saying that the package is incorrect. What package do we have to choose? And what are these packages, where can they be maintained?

We do not want to save these documents as local objects (marked on the screenshot), because we want to transport them later to the productive system.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

EM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ask your basis team to create a custom "z" development package for you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Erik ,

Ask your ABAP team lead to create a package for your team, or else you can create yourself ,

Step 1: Go to T-Code : SE80 ( Select /Click on  Repository Browser )

Step 2: Click on First Drop down

Step 3 : choose : “ Package”

Step 4 : In second dropdown which is below the first  enter new package name which you want to create ( Should start with Y or Z )

Step 5 : Press enter , It will gives you the popup “ Pack xxxxxx Does not exist Create Object

Step 6 : Click on Yes   , enter details ( Self-explanatory )

Step 7: Save and activate

Note : when you activate , it will ask you for change request creation , enter description to create CR , it will create workbench CR.

Uma Shankar T

SAP GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both,

thank you for your replies.

I have enough authorization to create the custom package myself. My only worry is that even this newly created package will not allow transportation to other systems - which would be not what we desire. Please refer to the screenshot below. Is there something we missed in the post-installation phase?

Kind regards,

EM

0 Kudos

Hi ,

From screen shot I can see that , your basis team has not configured the STMS ( Transport Layers and Transport Routes ) ,Ask your basis team to configure STMS transport layer , Hope this resolve the issue .

Uma Shankar T

SAP GRC Consultant

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik

If there is no development class then it is unlikely a transport path has been configured, etc.

What you are trying to achieve is entirely related to the Basis component for ABAP stack. In GRC, we perform quite a few configuration pieces that really sit with development (SE* transactions).

I recommend you meet with your Basis and Development team to plan out a strategy for how the GRC landscape should be configured. In addition, talk to your developers to see if they have naming conventions and build rules for SE* activities. From here, one of them should be able to set the system up or provide your the right information for your company.

If you are still determined to configure the development class and transport setup yourself, you will find answers on Basis communities or searching.

Regards

Colleen