Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request seen in se01 is missing in stms

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem, My abapers want some old reqeusts which was developed 4years before to move it to our new environment. So when i check in se01 and se09 it shows the request, but when i check in stms_import request those requests are not seen there. Even i cannot find cofiles and data files. I want to retrieve those request.. How can i retrieve it??

Regards,

RaJiTh R s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajith,

The SID might have move the old transport files into a certain directory.  In order to make sure, Logon to system, STMS, Overview, Systems, double click on that SID, click on Transport Tool tab (please see attached).

In the attached image example, we keep the transport in cofiles and data up to 180 days then move into olddate directory.  Please check here, if you have anything similar that might be the issue.

Also, the transport files only appear in cofiles/data folder if they are released.  Please check in SE01/SE09/SE10, if they are released or modifiable?

If this issue is resolved, please reward me some points.

Thanks.

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nayeem Adil,

Thanks a lot for your reply..

Your solution helps me to solve my problem...

Regards,

RaJiTh R s

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajith,

The case where in

•      cofiles and data files are deleted from OS level
  •      you are unable to find those request in STMS
  •      only Se01 is displaying the contents of TRs

You can do one thing, is to suggest your developers to create transport of copies which will

•      capture the current version of all programs (contents of TR)  in your system.
  •      also create fresh cofile and data file automatically upon request release.

However, having different versions of same program across landscape is not recommended by SAP.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

A similar thread raised by you one year ago, I am not sure if you still have same problem.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3283191

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

Whenever developers changes the program and save it in transport requests it will create versions of that program , tell you developers to activate the oldest version where the new changes are not there.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Gahlot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajith..

It seems that you have created the new system through a system copy. Then you can see the transport request details in SE01 but relevant datafiles are not in the system.

Then you have to copy those files into the datafiles and corefiles and should make necessary permissions and ownership to the files.

Then use stms-->extras --> other request --> add

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

First its not clear what you are trying to do.

"The problem is we have the same requests in DEV system, but they have altered those request in DEV, So they want those requests which was not altered which is in quality system, but i am not able to see those requests in stms_import. "

Why do you need the old transport . if you want to get the version. Then you can do two things:

1. Add that transport in the import queue once you have the cofile and the datafile in the trans direcory and then import in the target system.

But if you dont have the cofiles and data files

2 Check which all object are there in transport.Take a backup of the current version of that program. Activate the old version that you need and addin the transport and release it . Dont forget to revert the changes back to the old object or reimport the backup transport .(This step can only be done in the system where the object was create and that has version of that object ie development system)

Second thing when you do system copy you get all the changes that have been moved via transport as these changes are saved in the database. But will not able to find the data files and the cofiles  till you manually copy the cofiles and the datafiles or shared the transport directory with the target system.

when you check the backup logs it happens on the database directory and trans is not included in the list.

If you want all the data in the trans directory either copy it across or share it.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply...

The problem is we have the same requests in DEV system, but they have altered those request in DEV, So they want those requests which was not altered which is in quality system, but i am not able to see those requests in stms_import.

And also since we migrated to new environment, we never took care of this old environment, so we didnt archive the trans directory...

Also i have one more doubt, we have created a new test environment by taking the backup from production and restored the database using brrestore. After restoring when i go and see the trans directory of new system, many data files and co files are missing but those files are there in production environment??

So if we do brrestore the trans directory wont get restored??

Regards,

RaJiTh R s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajith,

It is possible that the transport request has not been released in QAS system.

This is one of the possible causes for data and cofiles not being generated.

However, it is advisable to first make the changes in DEV and then transport to QAS and finally PRD.

For the 2nd query, refer to

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i would also go with Akshay.

Check the /usr/sap/trans/ folder of your transport domain controller.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajith,

Please check the data file co file availability in development trans directory environment .

If any archived happen in previous you need to restore those tapes.

Also please check whether the transport request is released from Se01 or not

Once the transport is released only the request will show in the stms_import.

Regards,

Kishore.R

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where are you checking it in? QA/PRD?

Did you check the Data/Co-files on DEV where the transport was created.

If it was 4 years back, do you archive the Transport Requests Data/Co-files or purge them?

If you persist them as it is, it must be there in DEV Transport Directory where you created them?

If you archived it on some other location or tape, you will need to restore first and then add to the buffer.

-Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i think that this system in which you are checking was create using system copy method.

SO that is the reason you cant see the transport in stms_import and can see the chnages in se01.

Please check the originator of the transport request system .

Please check with your team that they have not deleted the cofiles and the datafile.

As the transport directory are shared you see the co files in all the system.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol