Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold-to-party account without company master record

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd like some feedback on the following issue:

1 - I'm creating sales processes in which the Sold-to-Party partner is never the same account as the Payer;

2 - Assuming that all the data needed for the accounting comes from the company master record of the Payer, I decided not to maintain the company master data for the Sold-to-Party;

3 - When trying to release the invoice to accounting I get the following error message:

Customer 1030100012 is not defined in company code 1000

Message no. F5102

Diagnosis

No master record was created in company code "1000" for customer number "1030100012".

System Response

System error.

Procedure

Maintain the customer master record "1030100012" in company code "1000" or correct the account number.

My questions are:

A - Why does SAP need to fetch the company master record from the Sold-to-Party in this case?

B - Is there any chance of reaching a solution in which the company master record does not have to be maintained for the Sold-to-Party?

Regards,

João

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Use XD01 to extend customer master. Input the company code ID and maintain data.

Or go to FD01 to maintain company code specific data.

Regards,

Sharan

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sharan,

The purpose of my post is not to ask how to create the company code specific data - that I already know. Please read my questions again.

Regards,

João

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

In customer master there is a tab under Sales Area - "Partner Function" so if you want to maintain a different Partner for payer you could maintain it here.

Regards,

Sharan

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sharan,

The different Partner for payer is already maintained - my goal is that this different partner is used for billing. However, SAP does not seem to allow this if the company master data is not maintained for the Sold-to-Party as well.

Regards,

João

Former Member

Hi Joao,

Try with option B in Branch/head office field for your billing type in VOFA.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System determines Company data using a Function module FI_CUSTOMER_DATA in which Customer used is Sold to party

please find the attachment

former_member206632
Participant

Hello Karuna,

Thank you for your answer, I'm marking it as Correct Answer since it appears that the requirement is met.

Regards,

João

Former Member

Glad to know your requirement is met

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

i think the problem is that standard SAP does not rely on your assumption.

2 - Assuming that all the data needed for the accounting comes from the company master record

BR

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

did you solved this issue ? how did you bypassed it ?

Thanks.

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

Scroll up to find the answer marked as correct.

Regards,

João

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi João,

thank you for your answer, I do not use to get too much answers when it has passed so long time from the post...

Yes I saw the maked answer and I tested. It work from the point of view of the error: the system didn't give the error anymore.  But this solution issued other problem in accounting: the accounting document misses the branch at item level, the branch that contains the subsidiary (the sold-to) related to the payer.!!, which for us is very important .

Nevertheless, thank you very much.

José María Mateo