Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Posted in Next month accounting document in Current Date

deependra_shekhawat3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing problem while creating invoice, it  is getting posted in next month and accounting posting date is posted in current date. This problem happens rarely between 1000s of invoices and in last week of months.  Always i get a single case in each month end. If i tried again that with cancel billing and create again the scenario is not getting replicated.

For Ex. After PGI in date 27.08.2013 i created invoice the invoice is getting posted on 01.09.2013 and accounting document posted in current date 27.08.2013.

I am also not able to get same scenario. Please provide your valuable inputs on this scenario.

Thanks

Deependra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Deependra

In your example what are the technical names of the fields ?

Which dates are correct according to your expectations and which is wrong ?

Do you have an unexpected date in VBRK or on the FI side in BKPF ?

I can check how the dates should be determined by the billing program in a regular case

so you can check your case further.

Just let us know the details

Kind regards

Brian 

deependra_shekhawat3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brain,

Apologies for delay in response . Billing posting date(VBRK-FKDAT) need to be same as Accounting Post date(BKPF-BUDAT). As Billing Created(VBRK-ERDAT) on 25.08.2013 and Accounting posting date also 25.08.2013 invoice posting date is going on 1st date of next month.

Billing posting date are wrong as it is going for next month. Each time i am getting 1st date of next month as posting date of invoice.

We have enhanncement for revenues  In those enhancments billing posting date and delivery Actual GI Date date would be post in next month after a specific cutoff date. But in current case GI date of delivery also same as creation date(means invoice is not after cutoff) so it wont be triggered.

I am getting only 1 or 2 invoices between 2K invoices in last week of month.

Thanks

Deependra Singh Shekhawat

0 Kudos

Hi

I checked the processing in standard in the SD/FI interface

The posting date is assigned directly to each FI item from the entry in the VBRK-FKDAT

field entry. See below:

RV_ACCOUNTING_DOCUMENT_CREATE

xaccit-budat = vbrk-fkdat.  >>>>

*   possibility to change interface tables

call customer-function '008'  --> EXIT_SAPLV60B_008

This is the value that is transferred to BKPF-BUDAT.

If there was some doubt or some abnomoly arises in your process at month end

you can carry out a custom check in user exit EXIT_SAPLV60B_008. At that

point you have all the FI items and the posting dates available in XACCIT

You could check the entries and reset them if required using the sy-datum or sy-datlo

if you have a global installation and different user timezones etc.

Hope it helps you to confirm what you need for your case.

Kind regards

Brian

deependra_shekhawat3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Brain ,

Thanks for your inputs but accouting(xaccit-budat) is passed correctly for all invoices. There are only one or two case in every month else standard functionality is working fine. User Exit provided by you could help me, there i can update base line date and posting date as well but posting date is correct only billing posting date is creating problem.

@Shashi : Everymonth i am getting different customer or with different territories.

Deependra

0 Kudos

Hi Deependra

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was looking in the SD/FI interface. We take a step back for the actual invoice creation and VBRK-FKDAT entries. It is a bit different between the order and delivery related billing. In order related the date is taken directly from VBKD. In delivery related billing thi sis also read but the dates from the actual delivery are taken across.

You see it here in VF01, VF04, VF06

LV60AA26 -> form FAKTURA_ERZEUGEN

IF XKOMFK-VBTYP CA VBTYP_LIEF.

PERFORM FAKTURA_LIEFERBEZOGEN.  --> delivery related billing

EXIT.

ENDIF.

IF XKOMFK-VBTYP CA VBTYP_FAKT.

PERFORM FAKTURA_FAKTURABEZOGEN.   --> order related billing

EXIT.

ENDIF.

The delivery related billing case is the one I think you are concerned about.

See it comes from LIKP-FKDAT

LV60AA19 -> form FAKTURADATEN_LIEFERBEZOGEN

* Fakturadatum

IF LIKP-FKDAT NE 0.

VBRK-FKDAT = LIKP-FKDAT.

ENDIF.

Either way you have plenty of controll of the VBRK dates as they are copied and also the

LIKP entries when the delivery is created.

In the copy control (TVCPF) you just assign your own item data transfer routine to make sure

you get the VBRK-FKDAT value you require.

Kind regards

Bran

deependra_shekhawat3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brain,

I am  very thankful for you to give immediate response.I have seen this but copy control is working fine. As i have mentioned i am not able to replicate same case again in any system. Not sure what is getting wrong as also SAP not supported us on the issue.

Delivery posting date or Actual good issue date is same as billing creation date. I also checked user exits for revenue recognition but in that case it is not going there.Still i am not sure why billing is post in next month.

Thanks

Deependra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deependra,

The 1 or 2 times that this issue happens-does it happen with specific customers only or is it random there as well. If it is happening with few customers-can you check the Billing Calendar assigned to them. Else, as mentioned by Brian, development in exit is always an option.

Regards,

Shashi

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check also if any enhancement mentioned in Note 301077 - User exits for the interface to accounting is working.

Regards

Eduardo

deependra_shekhawat3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes there are some user exit but for that invoice it is not going in any custom code(in user exit) .There are User exits  for billing after cutoff date but this invoice is being posted before cutoff date so there is no way to be change in billing date(FKDAT) values.

all code is going as standard and this case in not getting replicated again .

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check any validations or routines in copy control.

Please revert with your comments/findings.

Regards,

Sharan

deependra_shekhawat3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharan,

I have checked with copy control everything is OK there. As accout posting period for next month is closed the invoice have to be in open mode but it is generating accounting in current date. If i manually put the next month's billing date accounting is being open as required.

Deependra