cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Management & Budget Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to know, how the budgeting functionalities works in Travel Management.  My requirement is, while creating travel request, the user will enter the estimated cost according to which a budget check should happen in Funds Management.

So now my query is, at what point of time the commitment takes palce? Is it immediately when the user sends the request for approval or when it is approved by the manager then only the commitment takes place? Or is there any way that, I can define that at a particular level of approval (Multi level approval) only the commitment should take place. What if the same request is rejected by the approver? Will be the commitment amount is reversed in this case.

Please guide.

Thanks & Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

It really depends on your customizing and business requirement but the commitment can be made when the request is approved but that said since the trip to be saved does not entail any costs in its present form (if it is a trip and no entry against ETSC expense type), in standard no commitment would be set up.

Starting from ERP2005 onwards , the estimated cost in plan and request are now included into fund management.  So if you have active funds management, the entered estimated cost are used to make availability check and commitment. Therefore you create an expense type in view V_T706B1. Under 'amounts are' you have to choose 'estimated cost, no reimbursement to employee" (you need to define the wage type in V_T706B4 also)

Thats basically the logic behind how it should work  - how it works with approval is alot more configuration and customizing than I can really advise on.

Hope its helpful

Sally

0 Kudos

Actually just one more point on this, its also dependent on the technical status that the trip is saved in (WRP in TRVPA via tcode PE03) but even if the trip is saved but not approved  - there is an entry in the statistical data for the commitment but when the trip is approved, THEN the commitment becomes "real" (provided you enter this via the ESTC expense type I mentioned above) 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Thanks for your reply. From your reply what I understood that, actual commitment happens only when the trip request is approved. What happens, if the trip is rejected by the approver or if I delete a trip request which is approved. Is the committed amount is reversed automatically.

For e.g. In estimated cost I put 10000 & commitment happens after approval. Then when I put the actual expenses, it may be different i.e. 8000. So there is a difference of 2000. So it means actual amout to be committed has to be 8000. So is this automatically haapens once I submit the travel expenses against the same trip number? What is the standard functionality?

My client needs that, actual commitment should happen when the employee submits the request with maintaining estimated cost, so that the budget is reserved for that particualr trip. And if in the next moment if any other employee request for trip then the system will check the budget & if no budget, then system should not allow him to submit with a error message.

Please guide if it is possible make the commitment as per the requirement & how.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

I dont work with funds management particularly often so will check into this a little deeper for you, leave it with me for a day or so unless anyone else posts back with more information on this in the meantime!

With regard to deleteting an approved request whereby commitment is already built up  - it depends on whether the trip is posted (e.g. then the commitment can only be reversed by a reversal posting run to rollback the commitment) but in anycase when you delete a trip, the open commitment will not be deleted, instead a new record will be added  into FMIOI. The flag ERLKZ will be set with "F"

and flag LOEKZ with "X" in both. By this the deleted trip is marked for Fundsmanagement as to be ignored.

Hope this helps

Sally

0 Kudos

Hello Sally,

Thanks for your help on issues reported in this forum.

Funds Management is working for my client and all entries in the Travel Medium are totaled and posted against the estimated Cost ESTC. However, my client wants entries to reduce funds in the various travel mediums.

Let me clarify. If a user created a travel request with estimated costs as follows:

FLID (Flight International): 1000

FLLC (Flight Local): 700

HOTL (Hotel): 300

ADVA (Advances): 500

Total estimated cost = 2500

The fund for estimated cost will be debited 2500 after approval. The client wants the individual funds to be debited 1000, 700, 300, and 500 respectively.

Is this possible? How can it be achieved?

Thanks,

Innocent