cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM process stopped with error Upgrade NW 7.3 to NW 7.3 Stack 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

i am trying to upgrade NetWeaver 7.3 to NetWeaver 7.3 Stack 9 with Solution Manager.

NWDI is not installed on the system.

I only prepared SAP System for NWDI Integration.

This task stopped with error in SUM process report.

[-] Trouble Ticket / CSS Message Text
Expand this section for further troubleshooting details.
The Trouble Ticket (and this Process Report) can be used when creating a customer message.

Trouble Ticket Java

Trouble Ticket Report    Update to SAP MFG EXECUTION 6.0SAP NETWEAVER 7.3SAP MII 12.2      SID................: MEQ  Hostname...........: DEBGBDM2  Install directory..: d:\usr\sap\MEQ  SUM directory......: D:\SUM\sdt  Database...........: ORA  Operating System...: WIN  JDK version........: 1.6.0_31 SAP AG  Source release.....: n/a  Target release.....: n/a  ABAP stack present.: false    An error has occurred during the execution of the Detect NWDI role step with action configure. Service com.sap.sdt.jspm.service.NWDIService failed with the following message:    Cannot detect NWDI system role.    You can find more information in the files D:\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\DETECT-NWDI-ROLE_02.LOG and ProcessOverview.html.    Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:    SUM,configure,detect-system,detect-nwdi-role,com.sap.sdt.jspm.service.NWDIService,class com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.JspmUiException  

Log file "D:\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\DETECT-NWDI-ROLE_02.LOG"

<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/-->

<!--LOGGINGVERSION[2.0.7.1006]/-->

<!--NAME[D:\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\DETECT-NWDI-ROLE_02.LOG]/-->

<!--PATTERN[DETECT-NWDI-ROLE_02.LOG]/-->

<!--FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%6s]: %m)]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Aug 30, 2013 8:47:18 AM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.JspmUiException: Cannot detect NWDI system role.

Could not get NWDI system role from CVERS.

com.sap.sl.util.cvers.api.CVersAccessException: CMSRTS, getModifiedComponents: unknown DB schema, can not write data

com.sap.sl.util.cvers.api.CVersAccessException: CMSRTS, getModifiedComponents: unknown DB schema, can not write data

Thanks for help,
Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Please check SAP KBA 1837196 - Error: DETECT-NWDI-ROLE: Cannot detect NWDI system role; com.sap.sl.util.cvers.api.CVersAccessException

I think you will need to upgrade your DB Client.

You are on Oracle DB, right!

What version is your Client?

Required should be atleast 11.2.

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Akshay,

yes i use Oracle DB version 11.2.0.1.0

i will check sap 1837196

Thanks,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

What oracle client version is being used? It may be yet 10.2. Check both steps from note carefully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

problem solved 😉

Regards,

Markus

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats great.

Upgraded the client?

-Akshay