cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display a NC data field created by the user in the NC tree - LOG_NC list

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a data field called NC_TEST_RESULT in data field definition maintenance

I have assinged that field under NC category  and under COMMENT data type in data field assignment maintenance

I have mapped the comment data type to primary NC code FAIL in NC code maintenance

So, in the POD, when i log the FAIL NC code, it prompts me to enter a value in the NC_TEST_RESULT field

My aim is to display the NC_TEST_RESULT field as a column in NC data tree

So I went ahead and added NC_TEST_RESULT under category NC_TREE in list maintenance for the list LOG_NC

I mapped this list to my POD in pod maintenance

But the NC_TEST_RESULT column did not appear in the NC tree in the POD

On further analysis, i found that only fields listed in the DATA_FIELD table  with FIELD_TYPE as 'P'  and at the same time listed in PREDEFINED_FIELD table can be added to the Lists in list maintenance

I then updated the FIELD_TYPE as P for my data field NC_TEST_RESULT through a backend update query

I also inserted a new row into the PREDEFINED_FIELD table with for my data field NC_TEST_RESULT.

After this i was able to add the NC_TEST_RESULT field to the LOG_NC list in List maintenance

The description for the NC_TEST_RESULT column appeared as listConfig.NC_TEST_RESULT.Col.LABEL in the browse table in List maintenance

The problem is , even after these changes the data field NC_TEST_RESULT still does not show up in the NC tree in the POD.

Is SAP ME designed this way? can only predefined fields created by SAP core development team be displayed in any list? please let me know if there is a workaround to add the data fields created by the user to Lists in list maintenance.

Anyhelp on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Unfortunately, yes, this is by the design of SAP ME. If it were possible to customize the behavior, it could be done by means of SAP ME SDK only.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

Thanks for your response.

I understand that this is not configuration but an enhancement through the SDK.

But can this enhancement be done by partners or only by SAP core/enhancement team?

Because i dont see an api which allows partners to do that.

Also I have no visibility to the NC tree jsp panel.

Please advise so that i can create a SAP request if this cannot be done by partners.

Thanks in advance

Vignesh

Answers (0)