cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFM from Item DP to Initiative DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We see that Initiative Phase marked to Complete sets the subsequent Initiative Phase to Released. Is there a way to avoid this?

Our requirement is that one Initiative phase marked to complete must not release the subsequent phase.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

this requirement is known by SAP, and a BAdI is extra made for this purpose, See note

1795029, ( parameter 'cv_stop_release_phase'  of dpr_attributes->check_auto_actions

need to be set).

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo, thanks for the inputs.

However, we are already on SP 10. This note being part of SP10, am not sure if this is what this attends to.

We have select Intiative DPs linked to Item DPs. When we set the Initiative Phase to Completed (using DFM from corresponding Initiative DP), the system automatically set the subsequent Initiative Phase to 'Released'. This should not happen in our set up because this subsequent Initiative Phase is supposed to be set to 'Released' only when the next Item DP to which this Initiative DP is linked, changes status.

E.g.

Item DP 1it is not linked to any Initiative DP

Item DP 2it is not linked to any Initiative DP

Item DP 3it is linked to Initiative DP 3in

Item DP 4it is not linked to any Initiative DP

Item DP 5it is linked to Inititive DP5in

In the above senario, when the Initiative Phase 3 is completed, the system automatically sets Initiative Phase 5 to released. This should not happen. It must be drive by the Item DP status change and not the Initiative Phase status change.

Please advise if this is the sitution you advised for in your previous response...

Thanks...

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have tested in SAP internal system, it works as I expected. Once the BAdI is implmented, the next Initiative Phase is NOT released while completion of a initiative Phase.

It is independent on if there is Item DP is linked or not. The program just checks the successor Phase.

P.S: the codes of  implementation of the BAdI method takes  only 1 single line. Just try it.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

Thanks for your inputs. We followed your inputs and see that following the implementation (of this BAdI), the Initaitive Phase works as expected. Completion of the Initiative phase does not release the successor phase (for initiative).

However, we see that the same logic gets extended to Project Phases too. Now, when a project phase is completed, the successor phase must get Released. But that's not happening and it remains Created.

Summary

When a phase is marked complete

- For Initaitive, the successor phase MUST NOT release

- For Project, the successor phase MUST release.

Please advise.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

the interface  of dpr_attributes->check_auto_actions does not have the importing parameter, which you can use to determine which case is just running. So we have to find out the type of phase in other way.

I think, we can use the singleton object cl_dpr_session_state,  methode GET_INSTANCE.

Then get the   GET_PROJECT_TYPE and via project type to find out, if it is a intiative project or 'normal' project.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I think this is the standard behaviour, not sure if there s standard solution to change it ( I think no)

Not sure if you have tried to use user status. I would try this:

1) create status profile assigned to the phase

2) this status profile shoul contain 2 status :

- NREL ( not released) that forbides the phase modificati. ( initial status)

- REL ( released)

Even the phse is created with system status Released it s also created with user status Not released  then it an not be editable

When a phase is released the first task s also released.. Then you would have to assign user status also to the task.

This is an idea, it is possible someone in the forum has a best idea or has developed the functionality and can share it.

Regards