Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal not displaying stored procedure results when dealing with null date values.

I am sorry if this has already been addressed. I have searched to exhaustion.

I have an oracle stored procedure that can handle null date values being passed to it. It just defaults the value to the system date. It works like a champ every where except in crystal reports. I have looked and changed all the apparent null value options inside Crystal reports with no changes in behavior. I even modified my stored procedure to write out the values being passed in to a temp table and all appear to be normal. All values look perfect. The only problem is, crystal doesn't show the expected rows.

If I pass dates dates, as expected, all works fine inside of crystal. It is only if either date value is null where I have the problem.

While on the subject, is there anyway to NOT have the "Set to Null" check-box in the parameters dialog box? It seems as though there is very limited flexibility in the stored procedure parameters dialog boxes. One other problem I have with it, I would like to just have the user enter a date and not a date/time value. Oracle doesn't give you the option to just accept a date value (even though it will), it seems as if Crystal thinks it can only accept a date/time value and you can't change it in the parameters dialog box.

Sorry for all the question, I am a newbie with crystal reports.

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Are you trying to say that CR converts the Date type prompt in Oracle to DateTime?

If you've still got the Subreport in there, you can do the following:

1) Create a formula in the Main Report with this code:

CdateTime({date_prompt_in_main_report}, Time(0,0,0))

2) You can then link this formula field to the Subreport DateTime prompt by following Step 5 in my previous reply.

-Abhilash

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question