cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the default OS user when adding a system in CEN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to add a system to CEN via RZ21.  The procedure requires to input the password of the OS user (<sid>adm) on the monitored system.

However, the local <sid>adm user does not exist.  Instead, we use a domain user ID (domain_name\<sid>adm).  Also, the User Name field seems to be fixed or can't be changed.  Is there a way to make this field changeable so that I could input the domain? If it can't be changed, how can I add a system to CEN given this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rey,

Also, the User Name field seems to be fixed or can't be changed.

what is the SAP_BASIS support package your system is running?

The support packages listed in note 1653066 introduce the possibility to change the operating user during registration (you will see a change button at the user name field).

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thanks a lot for this SAP note.  My SAP_BASIS support package is 09 (release 702).  I think your answer is the solution to my problem.  I will try it and let you know.

Thanks again,

Rey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Your solution worked well.  After applying the corrections mentioned in the SAP note, the OS user field became modifiable.  As a result, I was able to change the default user name and was able to add the new system to CEN.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Rey

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done these steps.

There is a CSMREG user in CEN.

Choose CCMS Configuration Alert Monitor, or call transaction RZ21.

2.  Choose Technical Infrastructure Configure Central System Create CSMREG User.

3.  Enter any password for this user.

●  There is also a CSMREG user on the ABAP or dual-stack system to be monitored.

●  If you want to register a host without an SAP NetWeaver component in CEN, install the SAP NetWeaver management agents on that host (for more information, see Downloading and Installing the SAPHOSTAGENT Package).

I dont think that it ask for any Os password.

Please also check that RFC un SM59 for that particular system are working fine. Have you get the CCMS agents acctive.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just went across one url

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/4ff80607a945ace10000000a155369/content.htm

you only need the user id and password.

If the NetWeaver management agents from the selected system are not yet registered with CEN, select theAllow Agent Configuration indicator, and enter the following connection data for the agent:

Input Field

Meaning

Agent Configuration Details
  Client
  user name

Password
  Language

Enter the connection data for the CSMREG user in CEN, which you created in Configuring the NWA. Specify the standard client of CEN as the client.

User data for agent configuration
  SID_ADM Username
  SID_ADM Password

Enter an operating system user on the host of the monitored system here. In the case of an SAP NetWeaver component, this is the user <SysID>adm., for a host, it is sapadm.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I do appreciate them. 

I have also read the URL you provided.  CSMREG (RFC user) is working fine.  The problem I have is on the OS user.   Anyway, I think Michael Stiel's response is the answer to my problem.

Kind regards,

Rey