cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHIP Tagging from an FPM application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can anyone help me complete my chip functionality? I've looked everywhere in the web and could not find a solution to this specific case scenario.

This is what I need to do: I have an OVP FPM application with a List GUIBB and a custom WD chip containing a form. I want to display details in the CHIP of the seleted line of the list in my FPM App.
I was able to design my CHIP, assign it to my application's side panel, configure it, preview it and set its tag - all in the CHIP side works fine.
But when I try to tag it with the context menu from my List GUIBB in my FPM App, all I get is "More field help" or "Technical Help", no "Manage Tags" option.

I am on configuration mode ("&sap-config-mode=X"). I am on version 7.31.

If anyone can shed a light on this issue I'd really appreciate it.
Any suggestions on of how to resolve this dynamically (with code example) are also welcome.

Thanks,
Gabriela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've actually ended up finding the answer through a demo provided by SAP which implemented the same functionality (package APB_FPM_TEST, application configuration FPM_TAGGING_TEST_OVP, feeder class CL_FPM_GUIBB_TEST_TAGGING_LIST).

When calling the method for the list IF_FPM_GUIBB_LIST~GET_DEFINITION in the class feeder, add a value to the attribute TAG_NAME as below:

FIELD-SYMBOLS:
    <ls_field_descr> LIKE LINE OF et_field_description.

CALL METHOD mo_meta_data->get_definition
    IMPORTING
      et_field_description = et_field_description
      et_action_definition = et_action_definition
      et_special_groups    = et_special_groups.

eo_field_catalog = cl_abap_tabledescr=>create( mo_meta_data->mo_struct_rtti ).

LOOP AT et_field_description ASSIGNING <ls_field_descr>.
    <ls_field_descr>-tag_name = <ls_field_descr>-name.  "***add your tag name here for the desired field(s)
  ENDLOOP.

That will give you an additional checkbox for the field in your List GUIBB configuration screen called "": check that and voila, the tagging works!

Regards,

Gabriela

Answers (0)