cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM View - Inspection setup with MM12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to schedule changes to a material's inspection setup with reference to an engineering change number, either in MM12 or elsewhere?  I have only found one similar thread for this subject, and it was unanswered.

There are also some relevant SAP notes, but they are over 10 years old.  So I am looking for a definitive answer on whether changes to a materials inspection type setup can be scheduled.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot schedule changes to a material's inspection type setup in the material master.

You might be able to use material versioning for this but that might be overkill for just inspection types.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

What exactly you want to change?

I mean. it will not be possible to schedule Inspection Setup change through MM12. But, it you give detailed requirements then someone might tell you the work around.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a change management group responsible for scheduling material master changes for future dates.  We have many inspection types for materials, and we need to be able to set them up for future dates as well when entering scheduled changes in MM12.

Currently in our system the inspection setup button is not accessible through MM12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

You can use QA08 to update Inspection Setup.

Best Regards,

Rahul