cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP AS vs JAVA AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i tell a system is installed based on either of it?

Is there any trasnaction code that i can see this information at all.

Kind Regards

LYS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system status indicates the following:

SAP_ABA

SAP_BASIS

ST-PI

PI_BASIS

SAP_BW

SAP_AP

SAP_HR

SAP_APPL

SEM-BW

The rest are just those prefix with EA

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If the version, the column beside the component, is 7.00, then you are running Netweaver 2004s ABAP stack.

Regards

Rich Heilman

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you question is anwered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are in nw2004s. If as long as, i can go to SE80 and be able to develop web dynpro there... does it mean the installation is ABAP AS?

Regards

LYS.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Netweaver can be installed using both stacks, this is called a duel stack system, in which cases, the java stack is an add-in to the ABAP stack. You can also install both as standalone systems. If you are accessing the system via SAPgui and developing using SE80, then you are working on the ABAP stack. If you are working with the system via a browser and using NWDS to develop your applications, then you are using the java stack.

Regards

RIch Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your system select <i>System -> Status</i> and then take a look at the <i>SAP System Data</i> section with the first entry on <i>component version</i>. There's an icon on component information which will show you, for example, SAP_BASIS 700. And that corresponds to AS ABAP NW2004s.

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lys,

Well if you have NetWeaver2004 release then you are using WD JAVA and if it is NetWeaver2004s then you have both the options available.

Regards,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LYS ,

May I know what exactly you want. I Do u want to know different between WedDynpro and WebDynpro Java .

Or it is something else.