cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The import map is not complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently I have got a requirement to map a particular field in one of the Import Maps. This particular map is being used by many ports.

I have done the mapping and tested it for all the ports. For processing via MDIS, kept the source files under the respective ports - Ready directory which  were being processed for all except one port.

The error is

<Error ts="2013/08/01 19:09:54.005 GMT" tid="8" entry-no="28255">The import map is not complete:<LF/>1. Missing the XML Root Element.<LF/>2. There are multiple root elements defined in the xml schema.<LF/>Solution: Please select the proper root element via the IM GUI then savethe map.</Error>

For rectifying this, I have done the following tasks

1. Followed the steps by the SAP NOTE 1361302

2. Compared and Checked for all the fields In the source file with XML schema file

There is no problem with the Import Map or with the source file. It gives error only after mapping a particular field.Through Import GUI, I can able to import the data, but not via MDIS.

Thanks,

Sridhar T A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi / Thamizh,

The issue is solved.

In Import Manager GUI, now I used the below option

1. Connection type : XML schema (Previously I used XML for uploading the Input file)

2.Remote system : Selected according to the configuration maintained in Console

3. XML Schema : Selected the correct Schema file

4. File Name: Selected the Input XML file

5. Root: Here I have selected the proper root element.

In XML schema file, I found XROOT as main root element and EMPROOT as sub element. Now I have selected the proper main root element, then after the file is opened, I have selected the import map, mapped the field, saved using save update option.

Now the files are getting loaded via MDIS successfully.

Thanks for the support.

Regards,

Sridhar T A

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sridhar,

Thanks for sharing.

So essentially you completed the map by choosing the correct root and doing a save update.

I think the error mentioned this clearly.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Can you please attach image of this port details from console.? If you claim that source file and import map are working absolutely fine via Import Manager and problem exists only through MDIS then i wonder if this port has any issues within its detail. Not sure, just a mere try!

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Did you do a save update on the map?

Please update on the details of field causing issue.

Thanks,
Ravi

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

From the error it appears more to be a structure mismatch. Please check the XML that you are receiving in that port and try to import that XML manually. Make sure that the XML is generated according to the new XSD structure.

The error: There are multiple root elements defined in the xml schema. states that the XML schema has more than one root element in contrast to one root element that you would have used for mapping. If everything is fine, please restart your import server alone once and check, it should work.

Post us with your result.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes I have done save update.. I dont have problem in all the 48 ports, but with one.

thanks,

Sridhar T A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

thanks for the comments. Already I have done all the tasks which you have mentioned. I have separately compared the XML schema file with the input file. For all the other 48 ports it is workign good even after mapping the required field. but this particular port is giving error.

I am sure there is no problem with the source file. I have restarted the MDS also.

Trouble shooting with other ways. Will update.

Thanks,

Sridhar T A