Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK40N/CK11N Standard Price updated in Raw Material

former_member224763
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have done CK40N and released the price. After that I have checked the price of FG through CK13N. In that I have seen that Standard price is updated in RM, and FG valuation is done by standard price of RM & not by MAP of RM.

Is there any configuration missing?

With Best Regards

KP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

Have you found out the root cause and solution for the problem.

We are also facing the same issue.

Kindly help us.

Regards,

G.Sethuraman

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear KP

This is standard behavior of SAP, if you cost your FG or SFG material through CK40N it costs all the materials inside the BOM even if they are having price control V such as RMs or any other bought out materials, and update Standard costs to them even. But This standard costs is statistical only and will not be used in Standard cost of FG or SFGs unless you have specified in your valuation variant.

To avoid materials having price control V during costing run:

In valuation variant you should maintain 'Valuation price according to price control in material master' as first strategy for material valuation.

AND/OR  Tick 'DO NOT COST' indicator at costing 1 tab of material master having price control V.

Regards

Rajneesh Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

If you don't want raw materials to be updated in standard cost, in CK40N - maintain SFG and FG material types.  Here, it will release the standard cost only for semi-fin and finished goods.

If raw material master updated with S also, will not give any issue while rolling up the cost to next level as its consider the material prices based on price strategies of valuation variant.

BR, Srinivas Salpala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

If you execute mass standard cost calculation using CK40N
t-code,  this standard function select raw material of BOM for FG and SG

as well as  FG and SG through bom explosion function regardless of price control of

material.

It is no problem that raw material with MPV have standard price through standard cost estimate function.

former_member182339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello KP,

This is standard behavior of system and depend upon your valuation strategy

When you take cost roll up using CK40N, at the time of mark & release, the cost of all parts, irrespective price control gets updated. In such case you should change the strategy in the valuation variant to 'Valuation price according to price control in material master'. This will ensure that for parts with price control 'V', moving average price is considered in cost roll up

Although cost gets released, the same is not used for inventory valuation, in case of parts with price control V.

I hope it helps

Best regards

Hrusikesh