cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP system Slow While activating Smart Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having ERP 6.0 EHP 6 development system with sybase database and windows ,my developers are complaining while activating SMARTFORMS system will taking time (it means slow) .

As a basis what are the parameters we need to check ,developers using in office system through WIFI network is their any cause the issue .

How can we trouble shoot

Please suggest .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately SYBASE looses statistics very often for the table keeps abap coding.

Please run statistics update for the table REPOSRC (TRDIR is a view based on the db table REPOSRC) via DB20. It takes only 1-2 minutes to complete and try generating smartforms again.

Nuno_Raposo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Koray,

Your suggestion solved my problem.

Thank you very much!

Nuno Raposo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just want to add to this thread by saying that this has happened to a few of my SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5 and EHP6 running ASE 15.7.0.042 or 15.7.0.050 and the latest kernel. Activation of ABAP code and Smartforms would take a very long time (up to 10 minutes).

In SM50 it would show the workprocess spending a very long time running a "Sequential Read" on TRDIR.

All these systems have ATM running regularly with no errors.

I've found the only workaround to this problem is shutting down SAP and restarting ASE. After restarting SAP, activations are immediately back to their usual speed.

I hope this helps. Kind regards.

--

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Basis,

Please also make sure if you have performed the database performance tuning.Please refer to Note 1539125 and updating statistics 1757691  will also help to fix your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Asim,

I have updated the all table index statics succesfully,after that also they are saying slow.

Please suggst which parmeters I need to look now.

Please guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you ran sgen?

What do you see in sm50 or sm66 when the user is trying to activate the form.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rishi,

I have run the SGEN after installtion of the system and completed succesfully.

While activating the SMARTFORM I ahave obeserved in SM50 its running in dialog mode and its taking run time to complete the activation  180 .

6 DIA 71524 Running  Yes     77 SAPLSUNI 120 ABAPCONS Direct Read TRDIR

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

Try updating the database statistics of the table D010INC

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer below SAP note

1897137 Smart Form activation takes a long time

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As its not sequential read i would suggest ask the user to activate the smart-form and run the trace in st12 and see what query is being fired and try to create secondary index if required .

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Asim,

It means can update statics only for the table d010inc .

If smart form activation is taking 3 min runtime its normal or high time.

While running the system(users logged in ) can I update direcly databsse statics of the table .

Can u use the below comand :

set quoted_identifier on
go
update index statistics SAPSR3."<TABLENAME>"
go

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ,you can and also 2-3 min  runtime is not high  time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak ,

I have gone through the note ,But i have updated the database statistics .

• Check if table D010INC is reported for long periods in SM50 / SM66 when activating the Smartform

But i will activation smartform I have obeserver in sm50 report name SAPLSEWB long running.

While activation its taking 3 minutes of time .

Please find the workprocess detailed history while activating.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asim,

I have updated the table below procedure but no luck still they ars saying still slow its taking 3 min of time how can we justify the system is working fine.

Please suggest and guide me

C:\Users\devadm>isql -Usapsa -SDEV -DDEV -X

Password:

1> set quoted_identifier on

2> go

1> update index statistics SAPSR3."D010INC"

2> go

1>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are all the developers getting it or only  this developer. Can you try to check if the same issue with other id.

Please take a trace and see if you can create secondary index for the related select query.

Check the execution plan when you take a trace.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have set up the DBACOCKPIT & ATM (Automated Table Maintenance) in the DBACOCKPIT? If not please do so (it should be mentioned in the installation guide).

ATM will take care that table statistics are up to date. Try restarting the application server and see if its possible for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have already done this.

have you ran Sgen ran DBA stats for all the tables in sybase.

Please check that the value of the below parameters is set properly.

Parameter Name: number of aux scan descriptors

1. Use instructions from SAP Note 1777966 "SYB: Check for incomplete index statistics" to perform the check.
  2. Check that enough free space is available in the SID database to store the statistics and make sure that tempdb is large enough to process the UPDATE STATISTICS command.
  3. Perform UPDATE INDEX STATISTICS with DBA Cockpit or manually following instruction in SAP KBA 1757691 "SYB: How to manually update statistics on a table using isql".

Please try to find and see if any table is appearing in SM50 when they try to activate it.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this only when activating samartforms only or you got the same for other transaction as well?

Go ahead and check & analyze ST02, ST06 output. Also upgrade your sap kernel if its not in latest version.

Check with the below mentioned parameters value as per your landscape :-

rsdb/ntab/entrycount 

rsdb/ntab/ftabsize        

rsdb/ntab/sntabsize       

rsdb/ntab/irbdsize        

abap/buffersize           

rsdb/cua/buffersize       

zcsa/presentation_buffer_area

sap/bufdir_entries        

zcsa/calendar_ids         

zcsa/table_buffer_area    

zcsa/db_max_buftab