Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have installed SAP Solution Manager 710 and applied SP08.~

Now, I am performing the configuration phase.

In system preparation, I have already done the following stepes

1-create Users

2-Check Installation

3-Implement SAP Note

All the above steps was successfully done.

I am stucked at Configure connectivity--> 4.4 Set Authorization Policy for Agents.

When I go to Agent Administration, it displays a page without agents.

Can you please help me to activate and view the installed agents so that I complete this step successfuly.

best regards

Ernesto Mandlate

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you installed the agent and connected to solution manager. Please check

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have cheked the installation and it is OK.

Now, when I go to http://<SOLMANHOST>:<SOLMANPORT>/smd/AgentAdmin,  it return an error

User J2EE_ADMIN is missing the agent sld administration rights.

I am using the user j2ee_admin and the roles are

SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR

as well as sap_all and sap_new in profile. However, I cant go to the Agent Candidate Management tab due to the erros.  Can you please help me to assign the necessary roles or tell me which user do I have to use.

best regards

Ernesto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have alrteady overcome the error "User J2EE_ADMIN is missing the agent sld administration rights."

I used the sap note 1758384. It recommed to add the role "SAP_RCA_AGT_ADM_VIA_SLD".

bet regards

EM

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should use SOLMAN_ADMIN user to check AgentAdmin. It has the necessary authorizations.

Thanks,

Karthik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am sorry I am novice in the Solution Manager and Agent installations.

I disabled the maintenance option as recommended by Karthikeyan without success.

Sunny, can you please let me know how can I chek in OS level if the agent are installed and running please?

Now I am checking the link provide by Jansi.

The Jansi question took me to revise my installation screen. I found out that I get an error durring Agent configuration as you can see

My choice was cancel. But after installation, I cant find smdsetup to do like recoomended in pop up message.

Best regards

EM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The pop-up which you get it related to SLD configuration which you can do it even after installation. In order to check SMD agent, you can grep process of SMD using user <sid>adm on operating system level. You can check directory /usr/sap/<DAA or SID> on operating system to check whether it is installed or not. However, since you have done new installation then it should be installed by default.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now you have disabled the maintenance mode,you can connect the agents to solution manager using smdsetup script.But from the error I see that u havent registered in the SLD,so the other you would have chosen is to connect to p4 port of solution manager, if you haven't did that the agent installation will be unsuccessful. Check for the directory use/sap/daa/smd<ins. No> for successful installation.

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Ernesto,

The manintenance mode is enabled. Turn off the maintenance mode and you can see the agents connected.

Thanks,

Karthik

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check at OS level whether diagnostic agent is running or not. If it is running, then review SAP KBA 1777557.

Thanks

Sunny