cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Server Address for Android Afaria Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I try to enroll Android Device to SAP Afaria7 from self-service portal.

But it says that it can't connect.

I check the address setting of afaria client,

it shows "xnet://0.0.0.0+3007"

I try to change this address from afaria client setting,

but I can't change it...

How can I change this address?

BR

YOH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prathik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yoh,

Everything seems fine in the screen shot, one thing you could try is, I see the HTTP protocol is not checked in the screenshot, you can try enabling that and then try to enroll the device.

Remember each time you try to enroll the device clear the cache of the afaria client app on the phone and kill the process, each time you try, otherwise your device always tries to enroll  with the previous configuration itself. (you can do this by going to settings -> apps -> downloaded tab -> afaria-> and then clear the data on your device; you can kill the process by going to settings -> apps ->running tab->stop)

Coming to your question,

Yes, after you enter the enrollment code your afaria client app connects to the relay server from where it fetches all the configuration details including the address.

One more thing before enrolling make sure the GCM connectivity indicator is green,(please refer the attachment), because the notifications are sent using GCM server for android devices.

[ In the attachment the indicator shows red, it has to be green ; for creating the enrollment policy the enrollment code indicator has to be green]

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Prathik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathik Nagaraj

Very thanks for your answer.

>>Remember each time you try to enroll the device clear the cache of the afaria client app on the phone and >>kill the process, each time you try, otherwise your device always tries to enroll  with the previous >>configuration itself. (you can do this by going to settings -> apps -> downloaded tab -> afaria-> and then >>clear the data on your device; you can kill the process by going to settings -> apps ->running tab->stop)

This works fine!! Thanks.

(I didn't check the http-checkbox.)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prathik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yoh,

You cannot change this address, During the enrollment process after you enter the enrollment code it automatically captures the address from the Afaria server itself.

Best Regards,

Prathik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathik

Thanks for your message.

hmmm.

After enrollment code, how Afaria client detect enrollment server??

Does it retrieve the information from self-service portal access?

In my case,

in the enrollment process of afaria client, it try to connect "xnet://0.0.0.0:3007" and failed to connect.

I attach my afaria setting page.

Is this correct?

BR

Yoh