cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Access Control Migration From 5.3 to 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are trying to migrate GRC5.3 Access Control to SAP GRC 10.0 Access Control on the server with the given below configuration:

DB:   SQL Server 2008 64 bit

We had installed SAP GRC5.3 on the NW 7.0 with the default patch level14. Now we had configured the RAR, CUP and SPM in 5.3 Access Control server.

So now we are trying to migrate the data of SAP GRC5.3 to SAP GRC10.0 with in the same server.

Upon checking the SAP Market Place migration document, we found that the SAP GRC10.0 requires NW7.02 SP8 or Higher.

Now my question is, whether the GRC10.0 plug-ins would be compatible on the GRC5.3 server or not?

If it is so, what is the required patch level to be upgraded on GRC5.3 server to make the migration successfull?

Note: If it is not compatible then what would be the alternate solution for my requirement?

I appreciate your help, if you could provide the solution, document, link as required for the above are welcome...

Thanks and regards

==============

Subramanyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasant,

I appreciate your quick response.

Could you please suggest me which Data Export Component is required and it would be great if you can post the relevant document apart from the one which is available in the SAP service market place since I have it.

I would appreciate if you post it ASAP.

Thanks and regards

==============

Subramanyam

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The GRC 10.0 Installation ZIP file "01200314692000001255.zip" contains the

GRC 10.0Java Components (Portal Content, AC 5.3 Migration Tool and AC Portal plug-in)

look for folder called JAVA there.

http://service.sap.com/swdc

Installations and Upgrades –A –Z Index Installations and Upgrades –G SAP GRC ACCESS CONTROL SAP ACCESS CONTROL 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasant?

Does the migration tool required to be run on  AC 5.3  or 10.0?

If its 5.3, then how to execute EXPORT program on java stack? Please help to clear confusion.

Appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

Migration tool is required to be run on AC 5.3 to export AC 5.3 data. For more information please refer Migration Guide.

Regards,

Subramanyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subramanyam. But as per guide /GRCPI/GRIA_EXPORT_AC_DATA should be run. BUT since 5.3 is JAVA stack, where exactly this program should be executed.. Please suggest to clear confusion.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://<servername>:5<instance>00/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/grc~acmigapl/ GRC2010Migration

url for java export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasant.. Server name mentioned above is GRC 5.3 server right...? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I trid using 5.3 server details but geting error as .. internal server error:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.core.DispatcherException: The requested deployable object 'sap.com/grc~acmigapl' and application 'GRC2010Migration' are not deployed on the server. Please check the used URL for typos.

Exception id: [0021288B02F3005E000000B200003B0D0004F9D2ADB37CB2]

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to deploy java compononet for data extraction.. its part of installation folder

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasant.. Can you please throw some more light on above suggestion.  How can i achieve above java deployment? really appreciate your responses here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

Migration Tool software available in GRC 10.0 software. You can download from service market place and deploy in GRC 5.3 server through JSPM.

Please let me know if you have any doubts on this.

Regards,

Subramanyam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is complete step bt step migration doc avialable in service market place under GRC10.0

that contains all the info you need.

now coming to your question you need plugin for GRC 5.3: why you need plugin in GRC 5.3 system you want to connect this to GRC 10.0.

to migrate you need to deply migration tool in GRC 5.3 system may be with SP13 minimum i belive ..

would suggest go with SP17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasant,

Thanks for your reply...But our in tension is we would like to migrate the GRC 5.3 data into GRC 10 with in the same server...

Regards

Subramanyam

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can.

since you want to have on same box i assume you have dual stack enviroment already.

for 5.3 java system you need deploy 10.0 data export component to extract 5.3 data and import in 10.0