Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS Secure Storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Background:

For deployments one has to give a user and password (admin on j2ee).

This user and password can be saved and will be stored in Secure Storage of NWDS.

In  Window - Preferences - General - Secure Storage - Contents I may see (and delete) the stored entry underneath "Default Secure Storage".

For this  "Default Secure Storage" the dialog mentions a Storage Location as

"C:\Users\Administrator\.eclipse\org.eclipse.equinox.security\secure_storage".

The problem is, that the user that starts and works with NWDS should not be given permission to write in folder "C:\Users\Administrator".

The question:

Is there any possibility to change or specify the path for this Storage Location?

For example may this path be given as a startup parameter upon starting NWDS?

Any hint appreciated!

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

For explicit specification of custom location of the secure storage that should be used at NWDS startup, please use an Eclipse parameter -eclipse.keyring that should be followed by the secure storage path. The parameter should be used as an argument with which SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.exe is started.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

Thanks for the hint.

I have added the parameter   -eclipse.keyring="N:\My Documents"   to the Start menu shortcut (Target field) that starts NWDS.

But after starting NWDS in  Window - Preferences - General - Secure Storage - Contents  the Storage Location of "Default Secure Storage" is still pointing to "C:\Users\Administrator\.eclipse\org.eclipse.equinox.security\secure_storage"...

What's wrong?

Best Regards

Johannes

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Johannes, just do not put equal sign between parameter -eclipse.keyring and its value, but the space instead of it. In your case, it will be:

-eclipse.keyring "N:\My Documents"

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

Ok -  after starting NWDS i now have in  Window - Preferences - General - Secure Storage - Contents  the Storage Location is displayed with "N:\My Documents\"... 

But it does not work.

If I click on "Default Secure Storage" an errormessage is displayed saying:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.

null argument:

If I try to deploy something and enter a user and password:

I get recuring prompts to enter the user and password.

Once I get an message saying, that the secure store file had been modified ba an other program...

Underneath N:\My Documents - nothing is written.

In NWDS log I find:

java.io.IOException: Manager is not opened.

at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.lookup(StorageManager.java:425)

and than several

!MESSAGE Unable to decrypt the specified value. See log for details.

!STACK 0

org.eclipse.equinox.security.storage.StorageException: Invalid data format. 

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.CryptoData.<init>(CryptoData.java:52)

and than

!STACK 0

org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:85)

Any further Tip ?

Best Regards

Johannes

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Please try to specify the file that should be used by the secure storage - thus, adjusting NWDS startup option like:

-eclipse.keyring "N:\My Documents\SecureStore"

instead of 'SecureStore' here, you can specify any meaningful file name as per your preference.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

You are a genius!

Now it works perfect.

Is there any resource or documentation to find this kind of parameters?

Best Regards

Johannes

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Congratulations! Great to know custom secure storage now works fine for you.

As for documentation... Actually, since NWDS is based on Eclipse platform and re-uses quite a lot of its functionality, for core features, it is very helpful to check Eclipse documentation. Precisely speaking, for valid runtime parameters applicable for Eclipse (and, thus, NWDS), please check the following link:

http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fmisc%2F...

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also want where to set this -eclipse.keyring "N:\My Documents\SecureStore" thing in my system.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohit,

This parameter - as well as other startup parameters of NWDS - should be set in the file SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.ini that you can find in NWDS directory.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am facing the same issue.When i am starting my NWDS i am getting a pop-up having message secure storage initializing and this pop up is not getting closed even after click on cancel or Cross button.I have lots of DC's which are checkout at my end.So please kindly suggest how to solve this problem.Please reply as soon as possible.Its Urgent.

Thanx in advance.