cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing the Context binding all of sudden!

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have developed a WDA app, wherein we have 5 pages Adobe Interactive Form as UI elelement and some push buttons on the same view, well.

If user enters any bad data (say, incorrect Postal code), then am validating it with a standard SAP FM in WDDOMODIFY method and throwing an error message in the form popup, this popup gonna have just one OK button, so that user clicks this OK button and fixes the postal code on the form, well

( I am aware of that we have provisions / in-built JS functions / Pattern validation in the form itslef to validate and throw error message/popups at the form level, but i gave just postal code as an example, actually we have bunch of other special validations as well)

Also, users want to save this form as offline form on their local machines, but the saved offline form does not holding the new / updared good postal code, its still holding the initial / bad postal code!!

Issue is, when the popup is displayed / popped up on the view, obviously the original / underneath view is becoming dull / input disable, well, say, now user clicked the OK button on the error message containing popup and started fixing the postal code, but the CONEXT BINDING IS LOST!! we are loosing the context binding between the form elements and the WDA's context, hence what ever user entered new / good postal code data is NOT transfering from the form to WDA!!

I am guessing that this is bcz of that once the popup is come into picture, the form UI lost its focus / binding / connection to WDA!!

I also tried to throw error message by using standard SAP's message area (on the top white space), but same issue is happening!!

I am creating the popups by using IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER ~ CREATE_WINDOW and IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER~CREATE_POPUP_TO_CONFIRM

Pls. let me know how can i fix it (not loosing the context binding even though the popups are dispalyed or messages are throwing)?

Thankj you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rabikiran_sahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MSR,

If you bring the popup with javascrip / Form calc which ever you feel comfortable then this issue can be resolved, because once user press the OK code , the wddomodify method gets triggered again setting the value to the back end node .

If you are going for javascript , create one more attribute in the node as flag_type type c, and create one input field in the form binding with flag_type and make it hidden from the layout in the properties.

Now , When your validating your error message in WDDOMODIFY View and coming pass a character like 'E' anything indication flag to flag_type and if success pass 'S'.

Now in INITIALIZE, Selecting Javascript /Form Calc of the flag_Type in your adobe interactive form handle this if flag_type eq  'E' then bring a Popup showing the error and if 'S' just clear the flag_type.

In this way there will be no roundtrips and performance will be good with the form and WDDOMODIFY will not trigger.

Thanks,

Rabi

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Awesome Kiran, good idea, Thank you, but as a first look am getting some questions, but pls. let me implement ur suggestions, keeps posted

rabikiran_sahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks MSR let me know if I was helpful and you still have some issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help pls.?

Thank you