cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users are unable to export from Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. My name is Nathan and I work in the helpdesk at a company called Randall Reilly. Recently, as of the 23rd of the month, users have been complaining about not being able to export invoices to Microsoft Excel. After looking into the issue a bit I discovered that they can't export in any of the listed formats, Excel, Adobe, etc only to their personal computer. They can however save the files on our server, just not locally to their personal drive. They also can't print the files from Crystal Reports.Could you offer any insight as to why this bizarre problem popped up out of the blue? Any and all information will be helpful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAthan,

When the files are tried to be saved to the personal machine what exactly happens? like error message, nothing happens, etc.

What is the workflow of exporting reports to the personal computer?

What is the product with exact version used?

thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Arun,

The users are clicking export and selecting what format they want to save it in. It will launch the applications(Excel or Adobe) with no report. No error message ever pops up, it just launches the application and nothing happens. The invoices in particular are opened with reportal and viewed with crystal reports. The version we are using is version 4.0b.

Thank you very much for your support!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

So as per the above update when the report is saved in required format which is pdf or excell it saves to the desired location. While opening from that location it opens it dosesn't open in pdf or excell format but in crystal report format. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you try to export it locally it "saves" it to the desired location according to CRV but when you navigate to the location the file is no where to be found. Nothing happens in form of an error message. it just simply never shows up when you try to save it to your own hard drive. If you save it to a server hosted destination it exports there fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

Please try to save it in different locations in the hard drive.

Also check the relevant Crystal Report logs which can provide more insight into it.

Suspection is that the issue could be of permissions to the hard drive for that user, not sure though.

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

Please try to save it in different locations in the hard drive.

Also check the relevant Crystal Report logs which can provide more insight into it.

Suspection is that the issue could be of permissions to the hard drive for that user, not sure though.

Regards,

Arun