cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Request as Per TMS in XI 3.0's Post Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody !!

..I have completed cinst, dbinst, client copy, jinst, xinst installation for XI 3.0 INSTALLAION ON ABAP + JAVA.

SAP_BW , SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABAP and PI_BASIS Patches have been applied. I am doing the XI Post Installation Steps and for that as per the Post Installation Steps' Guide, I need to perform SAP XI customizing... I am done till the stage of using tr code SWF_XI_CUSTOMISING to perform the basic

customising of SAP XI. But, after entering prefix no. higher than 900 for the new user with 'local object' selection... I have confusion for the following instruction :

" You need to enter a transport request according to your transport management system ( TMS ) and choose Save again.."

I don't see any tms button or any menu option and hence, have no idea how to enter a transport request and where to enter that request...

I sincerely aprreciate the help provided and just for the record, I never fail to assign points for helpful answeres..

Thanks in Advance Again..

Regards..

-Rupen Patel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupen,

You just have to make sure that nodes Maintain Runtime Environment and Maintain Definition Environment have green hook (not a red cross) after all the customizing done in transaction SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING.

The instruction "You need to enter a transport request according to your transport management system ( TMS ) and choose Save again" is not so much important as it is just an informative instruction. Even i don't remember doing such a task and my XI environment is working perfectly fine.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (0)