SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking POSDM transactions in IS-Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Respected Experts,

I'm in a crunch with a problem.

I have certain transactions with taxes and discounts. They have processed ok in POSDM - as per the WorkBench(/posdw/mon0)

Now I'm trying to trace the IDOC (WPUUMS) using BD87.

Need to trace particular transactions from POSDM all the way into IS RETAIL and how the Billing Document (VF05) gets posted.

Please help, Appreciate you time and attention in advance,

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member214154
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

I am trying to give you some steps to trace the particular which comes from POSDM to ECC even though query is partially clear to me.

There is no concrete method through which you can trace the relevant WPUUMS IDOC in Retail system with reference to WPUUMS IDOC posted in POSDM system for particular POS transaction. Now if we use Hit and trial method then it can be achieved. How? see below

1. Through WE09 you can get the relevant wpuums idoc by putting some unique segment name(s) & value(s) in ECC-retail system.

2. After getting the relevant wpuums idoc, you use tcode WPER with entering this IDOC # and expand the node. You will get the Biiling doc number.

To see the taxes and discounts related posting then please trace WPUTAB idoc with same approach

BR,

AK

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

Before answering to your query, I would like to know whether you are using one step processing ?

In two step processing it is not possible to track on transaction level.

In case of one step processing you can track it using report  /POSDW/DISPLAY_MESSAGELOG.

Please let me know if it helps you.

Cheers,

Vikrant.

former_member214154
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

I am trying to give you some steps to trace the particular which comes from POSDM to ECC even though query is partially clear to me.

There is no concrete method through which you can trace the relevant WPUUMS IDOC in Retail system with reference to WPUUMS IDOC posted in POSDM system for particular POS transaction. Now if we use Hit and trial method then it can be achieved. How? see below

1. Through WE09 you can get the relevant wpuums idoc by putting some unique segment name(s) & value(s) in ECC-retail system.

2. After getting the relevant wpuums idoc, you use tcode WPER with entering this IDOC # and expand the node. You will get the Biiling doc number.

To see the taxes and discounts related posting then please trace WPUTAB idoc with same approach

BR,

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Please use date timestamp to link the Idoc between IS Retail and POSDM. Usually the idoc's date timestamp will be same or will differ by  seconds. Use the Tcode - WE02 and then once you identified the Idoc use WPER to get the billing document.

Regards,

Ramkrishna

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

In POS DM you can see the transaction using a POS No and Transaction number combination through workbench whereas the same cannot be seen in ECC (IS Retail) as the data will be aggregated. Even in non-aggregated way SAP does not pass transaction reference in IDoc. You can follow the below alternative approach for the same which I did many times.

From POS DM work bench, select any transaction and click on Document flow, you will come to know the IDoc number in POS DM. See the idoc in WE02 transaction code and get the date time stamp. Now within same datetime stamp you can go to ECC and in WE02 you can get the idoc.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Exactly what Amit has said is correct.

As I suggested you to use the report /POSDW/DISPLAY_MESSAGELOG will do the same thing.

It will give you messages for all transactions in one shot rather than choosing each transaction separately each time and checking IDoc no. You can check the IDoc no and corresponding transaction no in output.

After that as Amit suggested use WE02.

Cheers,

Vikrant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikrant

Amit

Ramkrishna

Ashish

Thank you all.

these are all valid and helpful suggestions.

It really helped my get a better understanding.

Appreciate it!

Andy