Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR restriction wrt to BOM quantity

former_member374929
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have one requirement from my client that If a BOM is assigned to the WBS and the PR is raised against that WBS manually through ME51n, then system should restrict if PR quantity for material exceeds the quantity mentioned in WBS BOM. Is there any standard configuration for this or shall I go with any enhancement.

Also is there any way to have the BOM automatically being displayed in the WBS component overview after doing CN33.

Thanks.

Asheesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need an enhancement to limit the PR quantity when someone is manually creating a PR.

CN33 will transfer the BOM components and quantities to the Network Activities.  What do you mean by display the BOM?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basing on configuration strategy, system creates either reservation/PR etc when components are being added to system either CN33 or manual assignment.

If you are not interested to see the either Reservation/PR to show up, then change configuration settings "Maintain network profiles - OPUU".

Your requirement is not gelling with me, sorry to say that. What is the purpose of creating manual PR? and why do you want to introduce enhancement to keep tab of quantity check?

In my opinion utilize the standard functionality rather than going for customization.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

former_member374929
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

My client users has been creating PR wrt WBS manually only till now, there is one separate department for this, but now they they want some control while creating PR that if material Qty in PR exceeds the BOM Qty set by The Design dept. ,system should restrict the creation of PR.

They dont want to change their current process, that's why I am going for enhancement. If you have a better solution then let me know.

Also I already did the settings for OPUU,network Profile but it is still generating Reservation no. Please find below screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh,

Restriction of creation of PR can be controlled by configuring strategy as I told you. But coming to generation of Reservation number, this is an internal number and we can not restrict this one. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You can find these ones in table RESB and MB25. You can key in material component number and see the assigned networks table RESB. did you try.

If you want to go with your existing procedure then implement enhancement CNEX0009 (wild guess might helpful to you but you can explore the correct one taking help from ABAPer) to meet your business requirements.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

former_member374929
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont want to use budget here as budget will be for all costs, here I want to restrict only material cost.

I tried BOM transfer through CN33, but the system is creating reservation when I assign BOM in the network for L category even if the procurement status is Res/PR set to Never.

Also I dont want to create any type of reservation or PR when assigning components to network.

The assignment we are doing is only for validating the Network material quantity while creating PR. If the PR qty. exceeds the components in network, system should not allow. Also I cannot find any network Components table. RESB is there but that is updating after reservation

Is there any solution for this.

Or shall we create one interface and Z table to create BOM against WBS which will validate with PR qty.

Waiting for the reply .

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asheesh,

Check out the various settings under the selection parameters in CN33. Here you can define whether you want to create PR or Reservation by choosing the appropriate settings. Also if you want to build any custom checks like if the qty exceeds the bom qty or any such others, you can code the same in user exit. You can also upload the componants from external files if you use the external data check box, with appropriate user exit coding.

Tx

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually dont understand what do you mean by assigning the componants to networks. Are you entering the materials codes in the componants tab within the network activities? In that case a reservation number will be generated and that would be stored in RESB only. You can set the following indicator in network profile so that the reservation wont be active.

From the network profile set the indicator Res./Purc. req. to never. This wont generate any PR or reservation.

Hope that could help.

Tx

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create a component attachment to a NWA a reservation will be created, but if you have selected "...Never" the Movement Allowed will not be set on the reservation.  This reservation will not be visible to MRP.

How are you creating PRs if you have set the components to Never? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh,

Projects budgets are for this very purpose & If you copy Plan cost to Budget(IMPCC3) after BOM transfer, budget in $$$ are only to the extent materials in BOM.

Ofcourse this will be at 'Gross' level for all material in WBS, hence there is still risk that something will be procured extra.

Best Regards,

Jatin