cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple taxonomy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks**

Can we have multiple taxonomy tables in one repository - SAP MDM Repository ( 7.1 )

Regards

Shifali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

Yes, SAP MDM supports mutliple taxonomy tables in a single repository.

Please find the below link containing the best practices for handling taxonomy in SAP MDM.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60fea38f-1cac-2c10-6092-d3ab4395f...

Please let me know if you need any other Information.

Thanks!!

Regards

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can we link one taxonomy to other.

I mean like I have a whole set of Taxonomy clases, but for some reason some set /subset i maintain in an other taxonomy of the same repository, How do i link the two Taxonomies in the same repository?

Regards]

Shifali

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

Linking two Taxonomy tables to another table is really possible with you defining two fields and making reference to these two Taxonomy tables. What exactly is your requirement? Can you please state you requirement clearly?

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

I dont think that you can link two taxonomy tables to each other. However, you can link these two taxonomies tables to the same main table of that repository.

Note:- If you have mutiple main tables in your repository, MDM doesnot allow Lookup[Taxonomy] fields in different main tables to look into same taxonomy table.

Thanks!!

Regards

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there no other way that i can link two taxonomies?

Regards

Shifali

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

If you want to link one taxonomy table to the other, then it is not possible.

If you can go ahead create one of these 2 taxonomy tables as Hierarchy you can do that.

Otherwise You can create two main categories inside the same Taxonomy table and you can use them.

Can you please tell what exactly is your requirement?

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharsi N

My required was given in earlier post only;Please see below:

I have a whole set of Taxonomy classes, but for some reason some set /subset i maintain in an other taxonomy of the same repository, How do i link the two Taxonomies in the same repository?

Regards

Shifali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bringing it on top.

Please suggest if One Taxonomy can look into other Taxonomy table of the same repository?

Regards

Shifali

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Shifali,

This is not possible. One Taxonomy cannot look into other Taxonomy table of the same repository.

You have to think of other options like Qualified or Tuple depending upon your Business requirement...

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

Yes mentioned in my previous reply. It is not possible to link two taxonomies to each other. however you can link one taxonomy table with other hierarchy table.

Please find the below screenshot for your refernce.

Thanks

Prateek

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

Close the thread if your query is answered.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

MDM supports multiple taxonomy table in single MDM repository. The catch is that a taxonomy table can be referred only once unlike the other tables. 

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

MDM supports multiple simultaneous taxonomies within a single MDM repository.

Please let us know if any queries.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

Yes we can have multiple taxonomy tables in single repository.

Thanks,

Ravi