cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolving dependencies in XSDs from external schema locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to import a data type from an XSD into Enterprise Services Builder.

I was wondering if PI is supposed to be able to resolve external references appearing in xsd:import tags from the schemaLocation attribute or not.

The problem is that when I import such an XSD, Enterprise Services Builder stops responding and I eventually have to kill the process. When I start it up again, I see it has imported the main XSD but the references are missing.

The XSDs are all located on our network and publicly accessible (no authentication required). Is there some setup that needs to be done in order for PI to pick up the externally referenced XSDs? (And if so, why can I not specify a URL from which to import? Why must it be from a file?)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

As far as I remember you have to set dependencies to other XSD files manually and also import those. Please refer to the following blog: http://scn.sap.com/people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/02/22/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part...

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I have done some reading and also found the following page, which says external definitions cannot be imported from a URL:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/BE/055DA877514454B094241B8D38AFDC/frameset.htm

All indications are this is not possible. Which is a real pain when you have many dependencies and need to download them all into one location. (Fortunately you can do a mass upload, but if a definition changes somewhere, you must first download it locally again to import it).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that you tick the option 'Import All References' during import of XSD, After successful import of XSD, it will display those XSD files which has reference to other XSD files.

Regards,

Sunil

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thank you for that link - looks like there is a better method in the more recent PI version. This should work perfectly for Martin Ceronio.

Best regards,

Peter