cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Budget availability is not happening for PM orderst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have created a PM odrer with assignment of WBS Element for which we have a released budget of 1200. Now Now service PR has been generated from PM order for value of 1150. While converting PR into PO, changing the PO value to 1220, System is not checking the budget and allowing to save the PO, even though the budget exceeds. And also allows me to post Service Entry Sheet. My requirement is system should check the budget if it exceeds the released budget during PO creation also.

I am facing issue when we try to release budget of another 10, as assigned value is 1220.

I found few threads which were discussed about this issue, but hence PM order is having WBS assignment and PO is having assignment of PM order, i feel there might be some settings to achive my requirement.

Please let me know do we have any solution for the same.

Regds,

Channa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Channa,

By standard the system checks the budget availability control in the first  document created ( in this case the committed created in the PR) when this amount is converted to PO the system doesn't check Budget availability control again. This behaviour is for Orders and WBS.

If you need to change this behaviou you can implement the change proposed in SAP note 955107.

I hope this an be useful.

Regards,

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

I referred the mentioned SAP Note and it says about excluding the PR value from Budget availabilty check and considering the subsequent PO against that PR while checking the budget.

Any other solution.

Regds,

Channa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CLara,

Found the solution, In order there is a check box as commitment update. If we have a check then system will check the budget during PO also which has PM order as assignment.

Channa

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Channa,

Could you explain better you solution? I'd like to know how to get this.. I thought it was not possible...

Thanks for sharing your solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Clara,

Check the document type

Check the doc type in OIOA transaction for the check box open item management. If we this check box then system will do the availability check in PO also.

Similarly we can check in transaction KO02 with our PM order, under control tab for this check box.

Regds,

Channa

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.