cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to conenct MDM Application with MY SQL 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Am from SAP MDM Application team and I am working with MDM 5.5 installed on Windows 2003.

We have a separate Database team and they decided to upgrade the version of DB from MY SQL 2000  to MY SQL 2005.

Let me know what would be the action required to be taken from application end.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

As rightly pointed out in the above posts that you should check the following -

• End to End data maintenance scenarios
  • Scenarios which require more interaction with DB and Meta Data - Like Archive,Unarchive,load,stop,Duplicate,Transports,Schema Migration,Change Tracking.
  • Mass data change/create related performance test to check if there is any issue with mass loads.
  • Meta data creation and deletion - we can create few fields/tables/roles etc  and delete them just to check if changes are working as desired.

Needless to say,do take archive of all the repositories beforehand.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It seems both application and Database are in different servers. When I try to connect from application to the database, what are the changes do I need to make ?

Changes in configuration file is mandatory. May I know what else would be the area in which i should work on?

Thanks,

Krishnamurthy.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

I'm not aware of any differences you should experience or required actions for the upgrade of the DBMS in the MDM application layer.

A best practice however is to archive all of repositories prior to the upgrade and unarchiving then on the new DBMS.

Small comment - I assume you meant MS-SQL and not MYSQL since the latter isn't supported by MDM.

Regards,

Tal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

Thanks for sparing your time on my query, Yeah, your right its MS-SQL 2005.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

In my view you would only have to run the end to end data maintenance scenarios and confirm that functionalities as well as the performance is not compromised by this upgrade.Running archive/unarchives,verify repository,load repository etc. should help you do that.

Thanks,

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambhu,

Thanks for the help. I will try out this possible scenario's.

Regards,

Krishna.