cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM-PP interface: issue via MIGO only quantities with WM-Transfer Order confirmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in my scenario we have set up the WM-PP interface using the PSA.

I've this doubt:

1. I've created a Production Order who will consume 10 quantities of the item A, B and C in order to create the header item X
  2. a WM-Transfer Request is automatically created with 3 different position (A, B and C)
  3. I've converted the TR into a WM-Transfer Order not confirmed
  4. I've confirmed only the first position of the TO (item: A)
  5. launching the MIGO (Good Issue - Order - Mov. Type 261) the system show me all the 3 items (A, B and C)

Why is possibile to logically consume all the position of the Production Order even if just one position of the related WM-TO is confirmed?

Is possibile, by standard SAP capabilities, to show in MIGO only the item related to confirmed position of the related WM-TO?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

as already indicated by EL and Manas, there is no link between MIGO and TO:  you will be able to post the GI for all the 3 components as long as there is stock enough at MM level in the storage location.

As a consequence you could also consider the following option:

1) create a new storage location from which the material will be consumed (you will have to change the consumption storage location for the material), e.g XXXX

2) let the system change automatically the storage location (customizing setting under WM --> Interface -->Storage location control) to this new storage location XXXX, at the confirmation of TO in the storage type 100.

in this way you can only post the GI for those components whose TO have already been confirmed. For the other components the system will return an error like "stock not available"

Regards

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

I like this solution, but I do see an issue with this. If you zoom-out and try to see the sourcing/ production side of the components, if we are also producing this components, then the Consumption Storage location (Production Storage location in MRP2 view) also works as a Production GR location. That defeats the purpose.

But, if we are not producing any components, if the components are buy-to items, then the solution work very good.

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

I think that if you have the interface WM/PP active, the system takes the storage location indicated in the Production Supply Area for consumption.

This way you can differentiate between storage location for GR and storage location for GI.

(in alternative you could also set the storage location in the BOM and this should be considered before the Sloc in the MRP2 view)

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Claudio.

Marco: I think Claudio's solution is best suited to your need. It will be great if you give us some feedback how it works out.

Thanks

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, thanks for the reply.

Let me clarify some aspect:

- Yes, the components the item are produced internally

- For many reasons the Customer does not want to change the organizational structure defined so far. But the solution proposed by Claudio is very efficiently and effectively solves my problem.

As for my solution, I will deny the possibility of allowing negative quant in the Storage Type 100 and deploy a user exit on MIGO in order to show to the user only the correct quantities, starting by the related confirmed TO's.

Again thanks to all

Marco

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the feedback.

Please close the thread if the question is answered.

Ciao!

Claudio

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marco ,

Standard WM - PP interface will use control cycle as part of material staging. You can use standard material staging transactions for creating TR and TO.

Once stock is available in respective control cycle bin,   automatic consumption will be posted from respective control cycle on production order confirmation . if stock is not there or TO is not confirmed negative stock will be posted in bin ( if storage type is flagged with allow negative stock indicator ) else and error on deficit of stock will be prompted on production order confirmation.

Standard production order confirmation transaction's should be used for automatic consumption posting.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

As E L says there is not direct link between IM (MB1A) and WM (Control Cycle). So, all the three components will appear in MB1A and the stock will be consumed, if you POST, and it will create -VE quant in Storage type 100.

But you can stop that. If you configure to deny negative quant in Storage type (Storage type 100, in this case), then it will not post the MB1A material document unless you remove the B and C.

All three component will show up but only A will be allowed to be POSTed.

Manas Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

PSA's allow negative quantity. The backflush will consume stock from PSA, resulting in 'negative' stock figures. In your example, the PSA will have negative stock for material B and C, because you did not move them to PSA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Practically you should make the goods issue using MIGO only when you have confirmed all the relevant TOs. If you want to issue 261 for only one component, how it is going to benefit production activity. It is logical to do 261 mvt once you confirm all the relevant picking TOs.

former_member639734
Participant
0 Kudos

There is no direct link between what you confirmed on the TO (WM) and what is displayed in MIGO.

Please research user exit MWMTO002.

You can automate the GI to the production order upon TO confirmation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I don't need to automate the GI starting by the TO Confirmation, just need to show:

• the correct items
  • the correct quantities in case of quantity differences between confirmed TO and planned quantity on the Production Order

Is the MWMTO002 the correct User Exit to see fulfilled all the requirement listed above?

Thanks,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Standard SAP allow 261 for all the three material without any error but create negative stocks in WM level if the stocks are not available in Supply storage type "100".

In your case, Item 'A' is confirmed, so it ll consume stocks from Production Supply storage type "100" without creating the negative stocks.

But for other two item ( B and C), It create negative stocks.

Please check LS26 for the respective material.

Regards

Jeffin