Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement to schedule a job with restrictions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have a requirement to schedule a job with some restrictions:

Conditions: 1) it should run on every 1th to 9th of a month

2)if a Saturday,Sunday, a public holiday falls on this days b.w 1 to 9th job should not run.

We had created factory calender in SCAL and called it in sm36. Some other logics work but am not get this conditions to be satisfied.

Please help me in this case

Regards

Alen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alen,

You can achieve the same by using the SAP CPS as it will automate the job scheduling, job chains, etc. If you want to do the spectific jobs alone you can deploy this component in the existing environment itself.

Your requirement will comes under free licensing part itself so no need to pay anything.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alen,

We are running few typical jobs in our landscape using UC4 ,important thing is that UC4 requires license and using UC4 for just one job in not feasible , please also check whether you can put other jobs in UC4.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Gahlot

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alen,

I standard SAP it is not possible. Following options can be explored

1) Write an ABAP program to control the scheduling of the jobs based on conditions

2) Use UC4 to control the scheduling of these jobs. UC4 has enough flexibility to schedule condition based jobs.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Can you explain a little on UC4

regards

alen

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alen,

Refer below documentation for better understanding

http://hosteddocs.ittoolbox.com/uc4-wp-sap-netweaver-012008-101008.pdf

http://www.slideshare.net/roelspi/lcmpresentationuc4

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure, if that is feasible, but have you tried creating a factory calendar where only the days you want are working days, i.e. all days from the 10th to the end of the month are non-working days?

Otherwise, the only way to achieve this through SAP's job scheduling is to create 9 jobs (1 for each day) using your factory calendar to skip non-working days.

An alternative would be to create a little ABAP program that checks all your conditions and runs the desired program(s) either directly or by creating a new (one-time) job, if all conditions are met.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A change in condition 1) :it should run on first 9 working days of the month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The easiest way would be to create a new calendar .

If not,

An other way could be to,

Schedule 9 batch jobs with the start condtion against the existing Calendar And the workday being 1,2 3....9 for Job1 ,Job2,Job3...Job9 respectively.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alen,

You have to create a job 1st to 9th as monthly job. As well it need to check the factory calaender for working days to run the jobs.

Regards,

Raja. G