cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection to scrap

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are using QA11, we want to do inspection lot to scrap as part of production order GI through QM and post to cost center,

in QA11, there are three tabs"defects", "character"," inspection lot stock", which one I should choose to enter 2 pieces of material against one production to scrap? thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Inspection lot stock tab  is used. Here you can use scrap field and manually put the cost center into which you want to post the scap by clicking the button against it.

regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

now the requirement changes, they want the QA scrap go to product cost or inventory, instead of go to cost center, what should we do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If requirement is to put collect cost against the product cost ,then ideally it should be done during the confirmation of order in field "scrap".

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you have to follow the production path as suggested by Mr. Sujit

Manis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I face the same issue during one of my project.

In customizing of Plant settings you can identify the cost center for Scrap under Inspection lot Completion Tab.

But in actual inspection stock posting related to production order always post cost to Production Order because its a Costing Element and even after above setting system will show statstical posting to Production order and actual posting to the Cost center defined in customizing.

There are two ways to resolve this issue:

1. There is an SAP note 137721 related to this.

2. Post QI stock to blocked stock from QA11. Go to MIGO and use movement type 555 to post from block to scrap and identify the quality Cost center at that time.

My client used thed second option.

Hope this will help,.

Regrads,

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Robin,

Please choose inspection lot stock tab and enter the no of pieces in To scrap field to scrap the material.