cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While Creating a EUP request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Created a BRF Plus Initiator rule and configured in MSMP Workflow Management. While creating a EUP request and when clicked 'Submit' then facing below two errors

1)No active function version found

2)Request submit failed; error in MSMP submit method

Tried to remove the existing rules Via 'GRFNMW_CONFIGURE'. Then again tried to configure this customized rule via MSMP and then tried creating Versions Via 'GRFNMW_GEN_VERSION' Getting an error

'The system tried to insert a data record, even though a data record with the same primary key already existsCX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB=>D'

Please help me in this regard. This issue is troubling me a lot!!!

Thanks   

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat,

I would like to advise you to start creating new BRF+ Initiator and consider the points that our experts mentioned earlier in this post.

I had observed from your screenshots that BRF+ Rule result ("New Account, Change Account, Super User")  and MSMP Rule results (“CHANGE ACCOUNT, NEW ACCOUNT. SUPER USER”)were not matching. please check the highlighted areas of attached screenshots.

The Rule Result in BRF+ must match with MSMP Rule Result.

Please try and let me know.

Regards,

Venugopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Thank you for being very much patient and trying to resolve my issue. As per your above mail, I am just copy pasting the rule results in the above scenarios so that mismatch will not happen.

When trying to generate versions, I am getting the errors

1)'The system tried to insert a data record, even though a data record with the same primary key already existsCX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB=>D'

2) 'no data is maintained in the Tables GRFNMW....'

I think mistake lies from my side. In the initial days I have removed the existing/default paths and rule results and due to that might be the tables at the data base level are empty. Now when I am trying to activate the default Version, I could not get the default paths.

Also when trying to activate BC set 'GRC_MSMP_CONFIGURATION' I am facing warnings like 'View V_GRFNMW_APPROVR: VIEW CLUSTER VC_GRFN_MSMP_WORKFLOW does not contain data'

I think I need to do some basic configuration settings so that these tables will be populated again with the default MSMP configuration.

Please let me know if this is fine or do you think I have to work on some thing else so as to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Sharat

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

go to BRF+ select that function, expand it and see it might be inactive..

application might be active not the funtion, please active that as well.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thank you.

Let me explain you the steps that I've followed.

1) Went to se37 and created a function group.

2) Went to SPRO to create a rule and generated.

3) Came to BRF+ and created a decision table and added the context and Result Objects.

Request type as the Context Object and Rule Result as the Result Object(Deleted the Line Item Column as well to avoid confusion) .

Now I am trying to activate the function as you told. Its th

I am trying to activate the function but its saying 'Object is not activated due to errors' 'Expression not set'.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sharat

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat

Am confused as to why you needed to create SE37 function group before creating BRF+ rule

Also, if you used the IMG path to generate a BRFplus rule you and chose options to create decision table (head) it would have created the decision table structure for you. You do not delete line item result as the program looks for this (how is this avoiding confusion?)

Whatever you are doing, I think you are at the stage where you need to add screen shots of creating the BRFplus rule and adding to configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

I have tried to change the Function to 'Event Mode' and activated.

When I went to MSMP and tried adding this Rule, its saying invalid Rule ID.

Another interesting point is, when the function is deactivated, and when I try  to add this rule in MSMP its taking the value and rule is being added.

But finally version is not getting activated.

Regards,

Sharat

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please provide your requirement..

i think you  dont need so much of stuff..

provide your requirement we will be glad to help you.

REgards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I am trying to create a Initiator rule with requirements like this

Request Type             Result Value              Stages

001                            New Account             manager/role app rover/security

002                            Change Account       manager/role app rover/security

003                            Super User               Manager/Security

Now went to  GRFNMW_DEV_RULES and created the rule as per below screenshot

Then went to BRF+ and created as per above requirement :

Now went to Maintain MSMP Workflow and in step 2 and then added rule like below :

Now went to step 5 and configured paths/stages:

Now Done the Rule MApping:

Tried creating the Version:

Also tried running the version via Tcode - /nGRFNMW_GEN_VERSION  and below is the error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Below is the complete explanation with screen shots as instructed by you.

I am trying to create a Initiator rule with requirements like this

Request Type             Result Value              Stages

001                            New Account             manager/role app rover/security

002                            Change Account       manager/role app rover/security

003                            Super User               Manager/Security

Now went to  GRFNMW_DEV_RULES and created the rule as per below screenshot

Then went to BRF+ and created as per above requirement :

Now went to Maintain MSMP Workflow and in step 2 and then added rule like below :

Now went to step 5 and configured paths/stages:

Now Done the Rule MApping:

Tried creating the Version:

Also tried running the version via Tcode - /nGRFNMW_GEN_VERSION  and below is the error

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please clean up what has been done. and save it in MSMP..

in stage two make initiaor the default one.

and save it.

=============================================================

i can see you have 3 path. no need to create path again

go to SPRO>>GRC>>workflow for access control>>>maintain MSMP rules.

fill details as in your screenshot.

select header locate Request type and generate.

then go to BRF+

find you application. expand decision table and select funtion and give request type and  and line item as ITEMNUM and rule result value like initato1 or for your understanding use path name.

then save and activate.

make sure application and function both are green.

then go to MSMP, at stage 2 add initioator rule.

maintain rule result value.

like if you have given rule result vale in BRF+ with you path name

exmple: REQtype 001 to PATH Nes User path

ten rule result vale in stage 2 is

NEW USERPATH value is also make NEW User path

like wise maintain for number of line item you have.

then go to satge 6 maintain route mapping

save it

come back to stage 2 and make your initiator as process global initioator then save and generate new version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

First of all thank you very much for assisting me.Wish you were my team member!

As told by you, I am trying to clean up the existing customized rules. When trying to save the default Rule and in step 6 when I am trying to map the rule to the default path, the Default path is not showing up.

I fear I have removed the default one. Now can you please suggest me how to get my default path again so as to map it with the default rule?

Also If I am trying to create a new customized rule, and follow all the steps and when trying to create a version, its throwing an error called 'The system tried to insert a data record, even though a data record with the same primary key already existsCX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB=>D'

Also other warnings/errors like 'No data is maintained in the table GRCFNW...'

Anything related to initial configuarions or BC sets?

Please suggest.

Regards,
Sharat

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat

For the warning message 'No data maintained in GRFN....' this might be the Work centre 1 screen for either Escalation Settings (e.g No Agent found or provisioning failed) OR Global Notifications Settings. They are a warning symbol as they are not necessary to generate a new version but are recommended to configure to avoid workflow issues.

For generating the version some of the following checks are:

• All Initiator and Routing Rules possible results from your BRFplus results must be listed in the Rule Results for [2] Maintain Rules
  • All values in [2] Maintain Rules (e.g your CHANGE ACCOUNT) must be listed in the [6] Maintain Route Mapping with a path to execute - seems you have done this
  • Each Path listed in [6] must be defined in [5] Maintain Paths (they have to exist before you can use them
  • All agents,  notifications, etc used must then be configured
  • The BRFplus rule or functions, etc use must be activated

With the error you are having, you might be at the stage where you should debug the program for transaction GRFNMW_GEN_VERSION and find out where the CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB=> short dump occurs

If you do not have active workflows and much config in MSMP, possibly delete it all and re-activate the BC Sets to go back to the beginning. From here you can look at following Prasant's advise, etc to configure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat,

Request you to check below points:

1. Have you performed testing of the custom rule in BRF+ and did you get the results as expected.

2. Could you please check in BRF+ Rule result values of your custom Initiator and maintain the same Rule result values in MSMP after adding the new Rule.

Example: For creating New Account, you have maintained Rule Result Value in BRF+ is as NEW_ACCOUNT, the same value (NEW_ACCOUNT) should be maintained under Rule Results table in MSMP after adding the Rule.

3. Which rule ID you have copied and maintained in MSMP, you have to copy the Function Rule ID not Decision table Rule ID.

Please try and let me know.

Regards,

Venugopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

When tried creating Versions Via 'GRFNMW_GEN_VERSION' Getting an error

'The system tried to insert a data record, even though a data record with the same primary key already existsCX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB=>D'

Again struck with the same error. I have implemented all the steps as per your above suggestions

No Luck!

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Coleen,

After trying to generate the version its saying 'Verion cannot be created'. When tried creating Versions Via 'GRFNMW_GEN_VERSION' Getting an error

Again struck with the same error. I have implemented all the steps as per your above suggestions

No Luck!

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

After trying to generate the version its saying 'Verion cannot be created'. When tried creating Versions Via 'GRFNMW_GEN_VERSION' Getting an error

No Luck!

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sharat,

Please check the following

1. Check if the function that you have created in the BRF+ is active.

2. Check of the Decision table is Active.

3. Run the simulation in the BRF+, enter the required field and check if it is giving the desired output.

4. In the MSMP, Make sure you have selected this Initiator for the particular process ID and then generate the MSMP version. Check for any error.

Thanks & Regards

Japneet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Japneeth,

In the process of activating the function:

I have tried to change the Function to 'Event Mode' and activated.

When I went to MSMP and tried adding this Rule, its saying invalid Rule ID.

Another interesting point is, when the function is deactivated, and when I try  to add this rule in MSMP its taking the value and rule is being added.

But finally version is not getting activated.

Regards,

Sharat

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat

How many initiator rules do you have in your configuration for that MSMP Process Id?

Possibly try to generate from the the MSMP Worflow Management as it might give you more information on the error message when you test/generate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

First of all Thank you for taking time and looking into my issue.

I have deleted the Existing rules via 'GRFNMW_CONFIGURE' and then tried generating this new rule. Then I got the below error.

'The system tried to insert a data record, even though a data record with the same primary key already existsCX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB=>D''

Please let me know if there is another way of deleting the existing  initiator rule so that I can generate this new rule.

Regards,

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

When we create a Rule in SPRO, it asks for function group. So to have a function group I have created via SE37. This was also mentioned in our SAP Doc.

Regarding Line item deletion, I want to have Context data object as Request Type and result as a value. My entries are like below :

Request Type       Rule Result

001                New Account
002                Change Account
006                Super User

I am not sure about what this Line item role is. Can you please throw light on this?

Regards,

Sharat

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat

I think you may have misunderstood the "Function Group" if you are referring to transaction GRFNMW_DEV_RULES. There is a field called Application/Function Group Name. If you have chosen Rule Type of BRFPlus, then the name you place there will be created in BRFplus by this program.

What "documentation" do you have that you are referring to?

If you choose Generate Options of Generate Rule and Gen Result Work area (BRF+) it will create the decision table structure for you with the columns you need

For the Line Item - this field is used when the BRFPlus rule is line by line and you want to evaluate/route each line individually. If you want to route the request as a whole, then enter the value asterisk (*)

The next bit to check (Since you aren't providing screen shots) is the Function Id you entered in the MSMP Initiator Rule. Did you enter the ZName or the actual BRFPlus Id (you have to go into BRF+ and look at the function id name - it will be a heap of numbers/letters).