Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple incoming encodings for single comm channel

jeff_darling2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where we are accepting text files from multiplle locations through a single interface. Currently they must be UTF16 encoded, but this is presenting challanges for some of the locations that create the file (small and no IT staff). Is ossible for a single communicationcs channel (file adapter) to accept both UTF8 and UTF16 encoded files? Or any suggestions on conveting the 8 bit to 16 bit before we process it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194612
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Can you check below thread, similar to your requirement

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1644363

Thanks

Satish

jeff_darling2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for the quick response. Those are indeed similar, but not applicible in my case. In those threads they are looking to convert a single input encoding to another. A much easier task! My challenge is can i have multiple encoding formats read in using the same channel?? If in the adapter channel  I choose no encoding (or any 8 bit encoding), it will read an 8 bit data file ok, but the 16 bit files are garbage. And also for the reverse. I am looking for a way to handle both successfully.Note - if the incoming files were already in XML format this would be a non issue, but *sigh* they are not.

- Jeff