Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading from NW 7.01 to NW 7.4

I have generated the xml file from the solution  manager and downloaded the files in the download basket.

But as per the media guide, it tells me to download mat no 51046225, but i dont see this in the download basket and the xml file.

Please advice of why this material no did not come in the xml file or get added to the download basket.

Also please tell me, if xml file is only for support package and still i need to download the media.

Please assist.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The DVDs must be downloaded from the (Software Download Center)

Maintenance Optimizer does not download DVDs .

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

shriramcse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Have you included the kernel files in step 2.4 Select OS/DB- Dependent Files if not sure check the stack files whether kernel files were included or not.

Regards,

Sriram M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any DVD required for the upgrade will not be in the stack file. So you need to check the upgraded DVD list and download the once you required.

dependent on the upgrade component type the SUM tool will prompt you for the DVD required.

Like for upgrading the java NW 7.01 to NW7.4 system it requires the java component dvd as shown in screen shot below.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i need to download the DVDs seperately, what is the use of stack.xml file.

Please advice

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stack xml file will give you all the latest packages of the target stack.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

stack file take care of the dependencies and add-on products.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Stack File is used to tell the upgrade tool to what patch level and the components you need to upgrade to and checks the dependencies and the target release you want to reach to.

That's the reason when you generate the stack file it ask you to tell the target components and addon components.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

nishkam_joshi3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

I have exact same screen related to NW_JAVA & confused what DVD should i use ?

Will you please tell me DVD number you used , so i can download same.

Really appreciate your help.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This DVD is for 740 release kernel. As per SAP note 1751237:

Kernel 7.40 is mandatory

Installing Kernel 7.40 is mandatory when you upgrade your system to SAP NetWeaver 7.4. When generating the stack in Maintenance Optimizer (MOpz), ensure that you have included the Kernel 7.40. Alternatively, you can download and manually install a downward-compatible (DCK) Kernel 7.40 in your system prior to the upgrade.

Be aware that MOpz does not notify you of this requirement, and the Software Update Manager (SUM) does not verify whether this new required kernel is a part of the stack.

That might be the reason that upgrade guide tells to download this media.

Thanks

Sunny