cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do we need to import Dependencies in Runtime Systems?

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Why do we need to import Dependencies in Runtime Systems? I understand the need for DEV and CONS, but is it necessary for systems not maintained (patched) by NWDI and being used in multiple tracks to have the standard components imported everytime they are reused in a new track??

Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

NWDI is using a four system landscape, DEV, CONS, TEST and PROD.

The difference between DEV/CONS and TEST/PROD is that there is an assembly between them, i.e. after the CONS we are generating the SCA file, so when you trigger import to TEST or PROD, there only the generated SCA is getting deployed, and nothing more, so in case of TEST and PROD the build plugins are not playing any role at all.

Runtime systems are holding only the runtime objects.

When you import to DEV/CONS, there the dependencies are necessary only for import to DTR/CBS, but its deployment step is again only deploying the objects required in run-time on the given runtime system. Further, an SCA file can hold 3 kind of data, sourcesarchives , buildarchives and deployarchives. Only such SCs will get deployed to the given runtime system which have deployarchives, so for instance SAP_BUILDT will never get deployed to any of the runtime systems even if you do its import to DEV or CONS. This SC will we only imported to CBS and required for the build.

Please let me know whether this was your question.

Thank you and Regards,

Ervin

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This mean unless we have runtime dependencies, it is OK not to move checked-in components further into TEST/PROD??

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, no need to import the build plugins in the TEST/PROD tabs

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

more precisely there is no way to import build plugins to TEST/PROD runtime systems.

After Assembly step only the generated custom SC gets imported (actually only deployed) to TEST/PROD.

See also this thread and the related documents there:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3413954

Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)